Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Marantz M-CR611 device not visible/connectable from android - 2 users

Solved!

Marantz M-CR611 device not visible/connectable from android - 2 users

Hi, I have a Spotify premium/family account. My Spotify device to play on is Marantz M-CR611. Marantz is running the latest FW.

I'm constantly experiencing connection/playback  issues when playing from my Android mobile.

If there is one phone connected to the Marantz device, it works almost seamlesly.

If a second phone (connected to the same local Wifi network assigned to the same Spotify Family account) tries to "take over" and start playing on the Marantz device:

- it either does not see the device at all

- it timeouts connecting to the device

- sometimes it succeeds but then the first phone is in the same trouble as the second was

- sometimes both the phones stop seeing the Marantz device

I have'n found any working solution to make things work again 😞

Turning off/on the Marantz does not work either (only after long time when something timouts). Stopping/restarting the Spotify Android App does not work either.

It looks like the first phone somehow "locked" the device but there is no way of how to explicitly disconnect the connected device.

Anyone experiencing the same issues?

Jan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

With all the respect, I do not understand the text. I know it is from the
release notes file of the latest Marantz FW, which I've already installed
on the device. To me i looks like like an automatic Google translation
without a clear meaning.
Be it as it may: even after FW update the Spotify stability did not get any
better, it's even worse. The phone and the receiver now can occasionally
disconnect during the playback. Then the receiver keeps playing for a while
but the phone will not be able to reconnect.
I'll contact Marantz for support as well.

What I wonder whether the usecase which I call a "party mode" is even
supported by the Spotify protocol? E.g:
2 phones running Spotify app, each using different Spotify account (even
thou both under the same Spotify family account) command one Spotify
connect device (Marantz in my case). Not in the same time but one by one.
First phone plays several songs, then the second one takes over and so on...

Trying to do so will render my Marantz receiver useless. Nobody can connect
any more. Reboot needed. timeouts apply as well.

Jan

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Check the change log for M-CR611...
http://firmware.marantz.eu/download.php?id=155619

It explains.

Text as follows ....

last updated 11.07.2017

Firmware Vers: 00.5A (MZ17-0208, MCR611/N1B, N1GN, T1B, T1GN)

1) The Spotify Connect Server side of Spotify will be updated. So, the
customer will not be able to play Spotify after updating. (When updating
the firmware of the product, the customers currently using Spotify Connect
can continue to use the Spotify Connect function even after updating the
Spotify Connect Serve.)

Marked as solution

With all the respect, I do not understand the text. I know it is from the
release notes file of the latest Marantz FW, which I've already installed
on the device. To me i looks like like an automatic Google translation
without a clear meaning.
Be it as it may: even after FW update the Spotify stability did not get any
better, it's even worse. The phone and the receiver now can occasionally
disconnect during the playback. Then the receiver keeps playing for a while
but the phone will not be able to reconnect.
I'll contact Marantz for support as well.

What I wonder whether the usecase which I call a "party mode" is even
supported by the Spotify protocol? E.g:
2 phones running Spotify app, each using different Spotify account (even
thou both under the same Spotify family account) command one Spotify
connect device (Marantz in my case). Not in the same time but one by one.
First phone plays several songs, then the second one takes over and so on...

Trying to do so will render my Marantz receiver useless. Nobody can connect
any more. Reboot needed. timeouts apply as well.

Jan

Hello, did you manage to fix this issue? 

I'm experiencing since 2/3 weeks difficulty to see my Marantz CR611 from spotify (Android &Windows).

FW is Up to date and I'm able to reach the network from Marantz. 

Any idea?

Thanks a lot!

I'm also having issues with my Marantz M-CR-611.

Spotify sometimes loses the connection to the HiFi. Sometimes it just won't be found on the network.

I've updated the Marantz to the lates firmware. Spotify is also the latest edition. Doesn't matter if it is on the PC or on Android, same issues all over.

I've set a fixed IP address on my Marantz and turned off DHCP. I can ping it just fine, even when the Spotify connection is lost.

The Marantz HiFi-app also seems to be losing it's connection to the system when Spotify stops, so that makes me think it might be the Marantz that's having the issue, or both the Marantz and the Spotify servers. (Sadly this isn't saying much, because the Marantz app is super **bleep**ty and 90% of the time doesn't work as intended...)

Please Spotify, fix Spotify Connect, or at the very least pressure Marantz into doing proper support!

Hi, I've solved Marantz x Spotify issues the simplest possible way. I've got rid of the Marantz device and managed to exchange it for the Cambridge Audio Minx Xi in the eShop.

It's still far from ideal but as the Minx does not try to keep the connection to the Spotufy server forever its behaviour is much more predictable...

You still cannot enjoy a party with several "DJ's" but at least you do not have to hard-reboot the device and the router in order to change the "DJ"

HI all

it's a nightmare for me with this MCR611!!

anyone have the technical specification for the spotify connect protocol?

for sure you can stop you marantz MCR611 by sending simple mDNS queries form your local network.

Marantz MCR611 is affected by a simple DOS attak!!

Someone take a look from the implementation of mDNS and IGMP protocols?

Hi again,

I sent my Marantz back to the dealer and they informed me that Spotify recently changed their Connect support. 

They're exchanging the network card on my M-CR611 as this is being written.

HI, I had purchased a MCR611 for Xmas. Unfortunately when I tried to use the new Hifi with Spotify Connect, it connected only once, and then froze for ever. Hard restart, and so on, just as some of you described also. Even after a successful reconnection playing few song and it froze again...So I give it up, and gave a try for useing Bluetooth connection instead.

I had the same disconnection and lost connection for ever until full reboot also on BT....

So after several hours of trying to find the error in my network, I just give it up, and took the M CR611 to the Marantz repair center.

No questions asked, the network module was replaced. I took home the device, but the error still persisted. Took it back again, then the unit was sent from local to the central factory service, and the net module was replaced again. So there might be a series of network modules with some defective chip on it.

And wow, finally, the unit almost does, what it should! I say almost, because switching between family Spotify users is not so easy on MCR611, but at least works after changing input type, and switching back to Spotify Connect. So if you have similar issues, you might face a hardware problem in your Marantz MCR611 with the net module, and that can be repaired easily.

I was having frequent network connection issues with my M-CR611 and Spotify Connect was almost unusable; it disconnected every time my wife opened her mobile phone.  I have replaced the telephone extension cable I was using to connect my router to the phone point for a Cat5 patch cable.  There have been no more problems.

I think the mobile was creating radio interference via the phone extension cable.

Thanks for the thorough reply LemBi!

Actually I also had the exact same experience. 

Took my Marantz to the dealer, they exchanged the network card and "updated to the latest firmware" (even though it was updated before I turned it it...).

Anyway, when I got it back it was better, I could find it in Spotify and it didn't disappear as it had done before.

I have mine connected via cat5 to my switch, and I also set it up with a permanent IP and turned off DHCP. Now it almost works as its supposed to. 

Only takes a while to start playing when switching Spotify accounts, but I can live with that. 

Suggested posts