Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Marantz SR5011 no longer showing in available devices list

Marantz SR5011 no longer showing in available devices list

Until about 2 weeks ago I was able to play Spotify from any device in my home through my Marantz SR5011. It would show in the available devices list, I would select it, the receiver would turn on, switch to the spotify channel and play.

For some reason I now no longer see it in the list. All I get is that I can use my phone as a remote control, and I see some other devices in my home such as my chromecast and Samsung TV, but no Maranttz.

The receiver is connected directly to the router using a LAN cable and I'm a premium user. Does anyone know what happened and why it's no longer working?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

11 Replies

Does anyone here know what the issue is? How are you supposed to get support from Spotify?!

I'm having the same issue with my SR7010. It does not show up in the available list of Spotify Connect devices anymore. I'm not exactly sure when it stopped working, but it's within the last month.

Having the same issue, airplay from my phone works but audio quality is definitely not as good

I am also experiencing problems with spotify connect with my Denon AVR X4200 (Denon and Marantz are the same manufacturer).

I used to see under "available devices" directly my Denon AVR. Since the last update (I assume) I cannot see it directly there but only under "additional devices" via AirPlay / Bluetooth.

This connection is not providing the same performance and stability. Often after 2 - 3 songs the connection starts sounding like an old AM-Tuner, then it is totally stopping, everthing lags and is sometimes crashing totally.

BTW: It would definitly help if spotify would publish relevant release notes for the software releases.

Last but not least, I am a paying premium customer since over 3 years now and listing via my Denon-Setup at home is my primary use case. If this is not working reliably this consitutes a serious issue for me.

Can anybody help or preferably can spotify fix this issue? Thanks.

BR

Carlos

IMG_0170.jpg

How are you supposed to get support from Spotify?!

That is indeed a good question. There is apparently NO support contact. Only support is "ask the community". They do it for free so spotify does not have to pay? Seems to be worst customer service ever. Absolutly no contact option, even for paying "premium" customers? That is so poor customer service spotify, please stop this.

As you cannot find anything in the help section, I checked the Impressum and for Germany there is kundendienst_de@spotify.com listed as contact point. If I am not getting a solution here I will try this shortly...

BR

Carlos

I've actually managed to chat to some support recently. No solution yet, but I haven't followed up on their action points yet due to lack of time.

You can find it here:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/about-us/contact/

Select your topic, select "I still need help" and you should get an option to start a chat session.

Great, with this hint I found it also on the German page. I wrote them, let's hope they come up with a solution in a reasonable time.

BR

Carlos

Ok, seems like the latest spotify update finally fixed the problem. Came home and my wife was listening to spotify via the receiver again! I can confirm the issue is now also fixed on my phone. Hopefully it's the same for everyone else. I never did do a factory reset on the receiver by the way as was recommended by Marantz, didn't have the time. So I guess it's not necessary anymore.

Good luck to everyone else experiencing this problem. Hope it's fixed now.

You need to use the WiFi function for the spotify connect function, had the same problem before. I am still using the lan cable for the other functions. Works fine again.

Sorry did not see that the problem was already fixed 

That's what I was afraid of as well but the problem has since resolved. I can use it via Lan again without issues.

Suggested posts