Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Massive battery drain using Spotify

Massive battery drain using Spotify

Hello,

I'm having a serious issue with battery drain while using Spotify. I've checked all over the interwebs and have not been able to find anything to help solve the problem. It's so bad, that if I can not fix it, I'll have to cancel my account becuase the Spotfy player on Windows Phone is draining my entire battery from 100% to 0% in about 2 hours! I've tried the following so far:

Turned off blue tooth (no change)

Tested the windows phone OS music player (works fine, no massive battery drain)

Tested Spotify app in offline and online modes (still has massive drain regardless of mode)

Re-installed Spotify app (twice) (no change)

Tested Spotify app with player still "open" and with the player minimized (no difference in battery drain)

I'm at a loss for what to do next. I'm not sure if it is the Spotify app or a combination of the Spotify app and something else causing the problem. One thing that I've noticed that is a bit strange is that when the player is playing, the battery does not look like it is draining. Meaning, If I start the player with 100% battery and run it for 1 hour, the battery still reads normal (so it would show 100% or 99%, maybe 98% etc - but not abnormal.) If at that point, I reboot the phone, once it starts back up the battery will only show around 55% remaining. 

I also should mention I did not seem to have this problem until the update that came out a few days ago. I used it for several weeks prior to that update without this battery drain issue.

Any suggestions?

2 Replies

What phone are version of Windows Phone are you using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The phone is a Nokia Lumia 920 and it is WP8, not 8.1.

Suggested posts