Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Migrating from Groove using the Spotify Windowsphone app

Migrating from Groove using the Spotify Windowsphone app

I use Groove on my Windowsphone and have local music on an SD card (thats been ripped) along with tracks I have downloaded from the Groove service. They both appear in my list of albums/artists etc. and can both be played on the Groove app.

Is this possible on the Spotify app for windowsphone? I cant see any option or setting that would allow the Spotify app to play local music from my the SD card on my phone.

Cheers

4 Replies

Not possible.  Been working two days, the answer is "use Groove for your offline and stored music" -- Isn't that the worst option? if we are forced to use this, it shouldn't require using two apps to take the place of one, right??

Thanks for confirming. There are rumours the Groove developers are working on a proper Spotify app for WP so who knows, maybe commonsense will prevail!

This is hilarious. My wife and I have been Xbox / Groove Music Pass subscribers for years. We would be good candidates for the premium family plan. For some idiotic reason, I thought that Spotify would actually want more premium subscribers. As it is, the Spotify app on W10 Mobile won't even start. That isn't maintenance mode. That is abandonment. At the moment, I'm annoyed that I went through the trouble to set up an account. Is Microsoft Account integration too much trouble? I use Groove on all of my platforms but Spotify has a dedicated app for Xbox One, Windows 10 and Windows Phone instead of using the UWP for all three. It looks like I will continue to use Groove with my own library and go back to buying albums and ripping CD's.   

Fully agree, complete & utter (add your own word!). I bit the bullet, clicked migrate in Groove then went in to Spotify. Yep, seems to all be there, select "Premium" from the app on my PC, nope, you're not getting in. Multiple attempts and eventually it accepts the same user/password as I've just used to log in to the app (!). Offers me just 30 days free, no mention of migrating from Groove with 60 days & interestingly, where it says 60 days for eligible users" havent yet found where it actually says what the eligibility criteria is. Spotify app on PC not great, you're stuck if you cant remember an album name and will need to scroll & scroll, no way of jumping to a letter in the alphabet that I can see to quickly find stuff, all simple & available in Groove. Dont get me started on the Windowsphone app, thats just a joke. So am now paying £1 more a month for a downgraded service, like going from a BMW to a Reliant Robin. Seems trotter is running Spotify.

Suggested posts