Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BMW Connected Drive deprecation

Solved!

BMW Connected Drive deprecation

Hello!! I was informed that since the last update Spotify should have stopped working with BMW. I noticed, because all of a sudden the Spotify icon disappeared from Connecties Drive.... that is quote a sad thing.... Can anyone confirm that this is really true? And are options to get older Spotify options back so it starts working again?

Streaming songs one by one, using my phone as a remote while driving, isn't really an option....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the reports you sent us. We’ve merged them all here and have an update to share with you on the matter.

We received confirmation that the BMW Connected Drive feature has been depreciated. As a result, it’ll no longer be possible to control Spotify via the onboard BMW system. You can however still enjoy your favorite music by connecting to your car’s audio system via Bluetooth.

We also have marked this Idea about bringing back the integration as open for voting. If this is something you would like to see make a return in the future, make sure to leave your vote there and subscribe to the idea. We’ll be monitoring it to pass the feedback on to the right team and keep you posted there, as soon as we have something to share.

To ensure we have one single place to gather feedback from, we'll be closing this thread for replies.

Drive safely!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

55 Replies

Hi there,

since yesterday i'm facing an issue on my 2019 BMW F20's iDrive. When I connect the smartphone (Samsung Galaxy A50) using the bluetooth, I can see no more the Spotify App within the media's list. 

I can as usual listen the music by spotify from the bmw bluetooth audio.

Today I tried to connect my gf's iPhone, and the app on the iDrive seems to work pretty well.

We both have Spotify Premium (I have the family).

I've tried to uninstall, delete data and cache of both Bmw ConnectedDrive and Spotify app. Delete the bluetooth connection between my smartphone and the car also seems not to have any effect.

Do you know a way to solve that issue?

Thank you

I started another one in the right section. Please delete this

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Samsung Galaxy A50

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

since yesterday i'm facing an issue on my 2019 BMW F20's iDrive. When I connect the smartphone (Samsung Galaxy A50) using the bluetooth, I can see no more the Spotify App within the media's list. 

I can as usual listen the music by spotify from the bmw bluetooth audio.

Today I tried to connect my gf's iPhone, and the app on the iDrive seems to work pretty well.

We both have Spotify Premium (I have the family).

I've tried to uninstall, delete data and cache of both Bmw ConnectedDrive and Spotify app. Delete the bluetooth connection between my smartphone and the car also seems not to have any effect.

Do you know a way to solve that issue?

Thank you

Hi @Saifer,

I have removed this post as per your request.

Thanks,

I have exactly the same issue with Samsung S20. My iPhone still connects to Spotify. The issue seems to have been caused since the latest update 8.5.68.904

Had exactly same issue. Did the Spotify update on my phone to .904 and it's has stopped working on my BMW iDrive ??? Please help 

Same here. Samsung Galaxy S9+ and 2018 (F15) X5 (iDrive6). Spotify version 8.5.68.904. The issue emerged after the latest .904 Spotify update.

Had the same issue. Reverted back to the last version before the update and Spotify works fine on iDrive again. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the reply. Please advise, how to revert? Where can I find the older Spotify version?

https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/versions

I uninstalled the updated version from my phone then downloaded and installed version 8.5.66.1002 from the website above. 

Hope that helps. 

Excellent, thank you very much!

No problem. 😊

same here, running latest spotify version on a Pixel 4, paired with a brand new Mini Clubman. No way to get the app back on the mini mm system, nor pairing again nor uninstall and reinstall the app. Not tried via usb but it wouldn't be helpful, bluetooth is so useful

Yep same issue. App just updated 2 days ago. Cant get Spotify on 2020 mini Clubman JCW with mini connected and pixel 4 android

Was the same issue - Mini JCW 2020, downgrade spotify app 8.5.66.1002 help's me.

Same problem with a F30.
@Spotify - Any fix planned ?

Great solution. Thanks

Thank you, I have the same issue, will try this.

@Spotify: Could you please fix this issue asap.

Same Problem here, BMW 5 Touring with ID6, Spotify App is missing.
@Spotify, its not the first time this happens after an update...please fix this and consider this for future updates...thx!

Same problem on my 2017 1 series, worked fine until recently. Can't find any release notes on what Spotify has changed. Feels like Spotify is stripping more features with every release. 

Suggested posts