Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing songs after copying them and deleting the playlist

Solved!

Missing songs after copying them and deleting the playlist

Hello there,

I messed up the radio of my playlist with too many downvotes, it would only play songs of some genres. So I thought I could reset it by copying all songs into a new playlist (it worked) ..then I deleted the old one.

BUT!

I only have the songs on the device I created the new playlist on. The other devices (mobile, mac, win8 pc) say that the playlist is empty.

The playlist with the messed up radio was called "Geschmacksverirrung", the new one has the same name on the win7 pc I created it with, but on all other devices it's called "Kein Geschmack". I also tried to copy the songs once more into "TEEEEEST".. they dont show up there either.

Please help me, thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify.

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify.

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes!

Peter

Peter

thank you, I will try that on monday.. the playlist is unfortunately only available at work

thank you very much, it worked!

No problemo 😉 

This issue is fixed in the next version of the desktop client (v0.9.1) which is currently rolling out! Getting reports this might not be true, stay tuned!

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts