Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Car Mode

[Mobile] Car Mode

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8+

Operating System

iOS 11.3.1

My Question or Issue

Why the **bleep** am I forced to use Spotify’s POS car mode. When my phone connects to my bluetooth receiver, the app opens to a black screen with a Spotify logo. I can’t select what music I want to listen to, change playlists, or even pause or skip songs. My car is parked!!! This is hands down one of the worst features this app has ever implemented. It is an anti-consumer feature that doesn’t allow the user to make their own choice. I don’t even use my phone when I’m driving, but who is Spotify to decide that I cannot use my phone. I have been a premium subscriber for several years now and have loved most of the features Spotify has added; however, this is just flat out ridiculous! I am seriously considering canceling my subscription and never using Spotify because of this feature. At the very least allow the user to turn this setting on and off!!!

2 Replies

Hey @nhlsharks291, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Spotify is investigating this so please check this thread here to keep yourself updated on it 🙂

Also, I would suggest to update your iOS version as I checked and the latest version is 11.4.1

Have a great day! 🙂

I was able to find a way to fix this, but it went back to the issue. I had to disconnect my battery from my truck and when I plugged it back in, the stereo reset. The next time my phone paired, it went back to just the spotify logo. Please spotify, for the love of all thing holy, remove this feature from your app. Stop focusing on developing useless features and go back to making good content. 

Suggested posts