Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved songs, now Spotify is unable to play them

Moved songs, now Spotify is unable to play them

I previously had a bunch of songs located on my computer, and Spotify recognized them from my music folder.  I've since moved all of the mp3's to an external hard drive and now everytime I try to play a song Spotify had recognized, it gives me a basic error, "Can't play the current track"  Since it cant find the files from my old music folder, its freaking out and I can't listen to my favorite songs anymore!!  I paid to upgrade, but it's a waste since it can't play anything! Help!

3 Replies

Hey, sorry to hear you're having problems with your local tracks. Have you tried going into preferences (edit > preferences), and manually adding the folder from your external hard drive? If you'll scroll down to the Local Files section, you should see the "add source" option, and that will let you browse to and add a specific folder. That should fix it for you.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Wow thank you so much, I was looking everywhere for the sources, once I found the preference tab under the edit tab I was able to fix everything! Thanks so much dinomight!

No problem, glad you have your music back!
dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts