Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multilingual family - any solutions?

Multilingual family - any solutions?

Hi, I am sure we are not the only ones with such problem. I am German, my kids are bilingual Czech and German. We listen to UK/US Music, but our kids would need German content (songs, stories, etc.). Is there any chance to get this done? I don't mind paying, but I don't see how I can do this. A new subscription in Germany so my kids have their own account? But then, can I have two accounts on one device or do I have to log on/ log off all the time? Thanks for your help JC
4 Replies

Hey there @charly223344, welcome to the community!

Spotify's Term and Conditions prohibit sharing your Spotify account to others. What you're looking for is Spotify Family. It's the perfect option for you since you will be able to easily manage the subscriptions for your family with a discount. Each family member will be able to have their own Spotify Premium account so you can all listen at the same time. If you are sharing a device, each user will need to use their own account. Currently, the Spotify clients only allow one account at a time, so you will need to sign out before switching to a different account.

Some countries have different content due to licensing, but you must sign up with the country you are located in. Circumventing any territorial restrictions is against Spotify's Term and Conditions.

If you need more clarification or have any other questions, just let me know! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hi, thanks, but I don't think the family account would change the music preferences? If all of my members sign up from Czech republic, we will all have the same music content, right? I won't be able to get German content in this case?

You will unfortunately find content does vary between countries, but inside the Spotify Terms of Service you can not subscribe as a user pretending to be living in another country.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

We have family account and that does not solve this. Kids content should be kids content, so drop the geoblocking

Suggested posts