Family Premium

Country

UK

Device

various

Operating System

Various

My Question or Issue

I need a solution that would let different people use spotify in different rooms of my house simultaniously. I'm going to struggle to explain clearly as there are several usecases so far where even having seperate accounts have failed us, but i will try my best. 

I work in an office that is detached from my maion house and use spotify via an echo dot in this office. My Wife will then try and use the echo dot or the TV in the house to play music. Which then stops or changes mine in the office. 

How can I have this set up so my wifes account is recognised on the device where she is playing the music, and mine is recognised where i am playing it? I dont want to separate the conectivity of the echo dots as they also control other smart home products. 

I am willing to burn an account or 2 of the family premium subsricption to make this all work smoothly. 

1 Reply

I understand exactly what you are saying. I use my echo for Spotify as well. You can only play to one location at a time per account. But if you have family premium you can set up family accounts for everyone in your family at no additional cost. (This is what I have). So to restate that a bit more briefly, you can’t play 2 different songs at once or use 2 speakers at once. If you and your wife want to listen to music at the same time, you need to set up a family account for her and add it to your plan.

hope this helps

Suggested posts