Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple "My Shazam" Playlists Spam in Spotify Playlists

Multiple "My Shazam" Playlists Spam in Spotify Playlists

Hey fellow Spotify users, 

Is anyone other than myself experiencing an issue where you have linked your spotify account to your shazam account for the automatic tag playlist that sends tagged songs from shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playist on your spotify account? (See attatched picture for example)Multiple Shazam Playlists.PNG

In the past this link worked splendidly for listening to songs I heard on the radio, with the exception of occassionally adding a song more than once. Now, my Playlists are cluttered because Shazam is spam creating new "My Shazam Tracks" playlists nearly every time I tag a new song. 

Any help with this would be appreciated. I've already tried unsyncing my accounts, moving all songs into one "My Shazam Tracks" folder and then reconnecting accounts, but I ended up with the same result. 

16 Replies

Yes every single track I Shazam creates a new My Shazam Tracks playlist. It's insane. Been this way for a few weeks.
image.png

Yep. It was great until now. I read it potentially could be that because shazam has become Apple's primary music tagging App Shazam's service to other music companies like spotify may be reduced in quality. That's a hunch though; I don't know how accurate it is. 

Same here, gang...I keep deleting them, but new ones keep getting created.

same here, its pretty annoying, it there any solution? thanks

That's why I made this post. I'm looking to find out if there is a solution to this. I'll let everyone know if I find one, but until then I've just unlinked my shazam account to spotify, and consolidated all of the My Shazam playlists into one. 

Hey man,

I've been getting the exact sames issue.

Very annoying!1!

Same here. And mine don't even contain any tracks 😕
image.png

Ugh.  I was hoping to find an answer.

I have the same problem, (iOS 9.x + Windows 10 64 bit).

Trying to solve this, a few days ago I disconnected from my Spotify account within Shazam (iOS 9), and I deleted the (around 5) new "My shazam tracks" playlists, after I transfered all their songs into the initial "My Shazam tracks" playlist, and I reconnected to my spotify account (within Shazam iOS app).

Then, I tried "shazaming" a new song and It seemed to work. The new song was saved into the old "Shazam playlist".

This fix lasted only for a day.

Now I'm, back to the same issue. Everytime I shazam a song, it creates a new "my shazam tracks" playlist with only this one song.

14269416_10209375514038717_2073193786_n.jpg

Same here: a new "my shazam tracks" playlist for each shazam, but my new lists are always empty.

A huge mess!

Same here, also tried the unlinking, moving songs and renaming the playlists.. 

Nothing helps restoring the order..

#whendoesthehurtingstops 🙂

Adding my voice to this one too - a new Shazam playlist is created for every track that I tag, even though I add the tracks through Shazam to my "Favourites" playlist, it still creates a new Shazam playlist.

From "Shazam Support"

We are currently aware of the issue and our Tech Team is working on a fix now.

Yay! Power to proactive problem-solvers. Thanks for the comments guys! That probably attracted attention from the Spotify IT people.

This just in...

Bryan (Shazam Support)

Sep 20, 1:53 PM PDT

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we released a new Shazam update which should fix the Spotify issue. When you Shazam a song, it will create a new playlist and then all of your future Shazams will go into that playlist. Let me know if you run into any issues.

w: https://support.shazam.com

Hey @ChewieLewie

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

The tread you posted in is quite old so we moved your post to a new one, we hope you don't mind. This is a really cool feature and it would be a shame to not be able to use it, lets look at this together and see what can be done!

For starters we would suggest to try to re-link Spotify and Shazam and see if that will help out. Could you let us know in more detail how exactly the feature is not working, with details we'll be able to help out much easier. If you see something that doesn't look right, send us a screenshot. 

We'll be on the lookout.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts