NEXT STEP

Music I've never searched for is interrupting albums I'm listening tto

Music I've never searched for is interrupting albums I'm listening tto

Plan: Premium

Device

Google Pixel, Macbook Pro 2018

Operating System: MacOS & Android P

My Question or Issue

My spotify has been randomly playing playlists I have never searched for. Oftentimes I'll open my app to see that "Sandman Breathing" has been playing (enough that it was my top artist last year) . Today the app changed what i was listening to halfway through a song to a playlist by "Music Girl"

I've checked my account and the only devices connected are the laptop I'm currently on and my phone.

In the attached screenshots, Godspeed is the only artist I listened to intentionally. The rest were added to my queue and I'm not sure how.

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 11.18.17.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 11.18.42.png
4 Replies

Hey @pcartelli

You already got a reply on this thread. Check it out and let us know if you have any questions from there 🙂

All the best!

Yeah, that's what I thought too but I didn't see devices that were not my own in my account menu. I also hadn't seen any suspicious logins from locations other than my own. I've changed my password and revoked access to a few things but Im not sure how my account could have been compromised.

Hey @pcartelli.

Thanks for your query.

We can assure you that our platform and user records are totally secure. Account takeovers usually happen because of a breach on another service. If you use the same password for several services, they all have the potential to be compromised if one has a security breach.

We always apply rigorous security practices to protect your information, but check out how to protect your Spotify account for extra measures you can take.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

I don't though. I use a unique password for everything. I've changed it and will keep an eye out for the problem.

I alerted the thread as well because it got deleted the first time, then marked as spam the second time.

Suggested posts