Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

iPhone X and PC

Operating System

iOS 12.2 and Windows 10 Pro

My Question or Issue

I have a problem. I recently bought Spotify premium to be able to choose which songs I want to listen to and get better music quality. Now here's the thing: When I change the Music Quality from Normal to Very High absolutely nothing happens, not on pc nor my phone. I've tried clearing both my phone's music cache and my pc's. It's very frustrating since I like a good quality piece of music which I apparently can't get. 

Also, when I change Volume level on my phone nothing changes. It's as if none of my settings changing how the music sounds works. 

Can I get some help to please? I'd like to actually enjoy what I'm listening to 😕

7 Replies

Hey @Brandon__.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Toggling between normal and high quality won't have immediate effect. This because the music that is already cached will continue playing in the quality it was set before.

It can improve sound quality if you switch off Volume Normalization. But you might sometimes need to adjust the volume a little bit.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

So you're implying that the quality of my music won't change immediately when I change Music quality from normal to high? Then when does it change and is there anything I can do? 
I want to experience what I used money on now, not after 2 weeks halfway into the month. 

I've already cleared both my phones music cache and my computers, shouldn't that make the music high quality when I play it now? Please help..

@Guido

So you're implying that the quality of my music won't change immediately when I change Music quality from normal to high? Then when does it change and is there anything I can do? 

I want to experience what I used money on now, not after 2 weeks halfway into the month. 

I've already cleared both my phones music cache and my computers, shouldn't that make the music high quality when I play it now? Please help..

Hey @Brandon__.

After clearing the cache and making sure you've toggled High Quality streaming, you should be listening in High Quality.

Keep in mind that we use OGG Vorbis audio compression which sounds pretty good. You might have a hard time hearing the difference.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi 

I have the same problem. I can compare the same album cd quality using original cd. Changing quality level settings does not change anything. And this was the only reason I considered to try Spotify Premium...

I have the same problem. There is no any difference between low and very high music quality!

Hey @helipiisk and @Raybechara,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

We'd suggest you go ahead and give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not causing any issues.

It's also a good idea to try on another device. That way we can see if is a device-related issue.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. 

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts