Plan

Free

Country

United States 

Device

PlayStation 4

Operating System

My Question or Issue

So since yesterday I haven’t been able to use Spotify at all. I tried to play some music while playing Call of Duty Black Ops 4 yesterday and it just would not start a song, it would start then pause one second later. This problem is still going on today! I’m running System Software of 6.20 on the PlayStation and I’m on Version 2.07 for the Spotify app. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, didn’t work. I tried restarting and unplugging the PlayStation, didn’t work. I tried logging off of the app and logging back on, didn’t work. I’ve tried starting the app closing it and reopening it, didn’t work. I’ve tried changing my MTU to 1450 and even that didn’t help a bit. It is working on all other devices that I own (iPhone 6+ and PC) I really enjoy using Spotify but I can’t now. Please try to help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Music on PlayStation keeps pausing

Hey @AtomicPuma9@PauloManoDJ@Phoebe793 @DonnyDarkCyde and @joy19,

The right teams took a look backstage and this should be fixed now! Please make sure you're on the latest version of the app :)

If you're on the latest version of the app and you're still experiencing this, we absolutely want to know. Please post in Help - Other if you are so we can investigate ASAP.

Have a good one!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

13 Replies

joy19

im having the same issue on my ps4 

i tried to reset everything and chose log out from every device option but it didn’t work out. its so annoying it keeps pausing the song every 3 seconds for me

PauloManoDJ
Casual Listener

Wow, this is happening for me too ! Sorry for my bad english, i live in Brasil. This started happening to me after i played Cod BO4 , and now i can't play my musics anymore, Please Help !!!

Phoebe793
Casual Listener

I’ve had the same problem since yesterday morning. I think the problem comes back everytime you turn ps4 off and back on. I’m unsure if I’ve semi-permanently fixed mine myself or if it’s just fixed on its own but everytime the pausing happens, I just unpause the song for around 10 minutes and it starts to randomly work again. Time consuming but the only “fix” I know so far, not sure if it’ll work for everyone else with this problem.

Phoebe793
Casual Listener

Spam triangle on controller for couple seconds, again dunno if this works for everyone else either but worked for me

PauloManoDJ
Casual Listener

works for a little while, but when i go see some movies on netflix , it's stop working, so it's not something practical to do every time.

Phoebe793
Casual Listener

They said on live chat they’re working on fix yesterday, so as far as I know that’s the only option until then 

PauloManoDJ
Casual Listener

thank you for the advice!

DonnyDarkCyde
Casual Listener

They’ve been mentioning that they are “investigating” this issue since ppl posted about it back in 2015. On all the sites and posts I have not found any resolution. 

Some say changing the HDCP settings, spamming Triangle, waiting 10 minutes, etc. 

But all have mixed results. I don’t have premium and only the ps4 has this issue. I have not linked to Facebook either  But have had this issue since my 1st time using it. 

Highlighted
Solution!

Hey @AtomicPuma9@PauloManoDJ@Phoebe793 @DonnyDarkCyde and @joy19,

The right teams took a look backstage and this should be fixed now! Please make sure you're on the latest version of the app :)

If you're on the latest version of the app and you're still experiencing this, we absolutely want to know. Please post in Help - Other if you are so we can investigate ASAP.

Have a good one!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS