Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Chromebook is having issues with Web Player

My Chromebook is having issues with Web Player

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide, the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi, I'm Nicholas, and I'm a student, and I use music to help me do my homework and regular work during school. Recently, I've gotten back into using Spotify as my primary music program. The Family Plan allows my whole family access to whatever music they prefer. 

As a factor of that, I have Chromebook to do work. The WiFi at my school has Spotify unblocked. I went to listen to some of my music this morning and found myself staring blankly at an error I've never seen before. (attached to the message) It mentioned refreshing the page, but that did nothing. It also said my browser was out-of-date, but I use a Chromebook, and the software on the laptop controls my browser. I checked afterward, and the software on the Chromebook is updated, so, I came here seeking help. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I've determined it's something with Spotify and not my Chromebook. It could be something with Google's update policy being harshly delayed, rendering my laptop useless. Either way, I came here for help. 
Oh, and when I tried playing my music, it played for about 2 and a half seconds before telling me the error message attached. I tried this on the Web Store version as well and got the same problem. I know I'm not alone here. Hopefully, my story helps.

whoop-de-doo.png
2 Replies

Search CrOS Update Serving if your chromebooks still receives Updates.

Which version you have installed?

The webstore version should use chrome internally, too.

Hello @epicchristian,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with Spotify in Chrome and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts