Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Daily Mix song greyed out

My Daily Mix song greyed out

I notcied that  few weeks ago all songs within my daily mixes on desktop got greyed out.

They are less greyed out than unavailable song (see attachment) and I can playy all of them, but I can't click on individual songs, I can move around song only using skip.

All other albums look "normal" and my daily mixes on mobile are also normal - I can click any individual song.

How to fix this?

Screenshot 2018-11-19 at 14.50.19.png
3 Replies

Hey @damga, help's here. 

It looks like you're using the Web Player, which has the Daily Mixes' content slightly more greyed than usual. We sometimes make changes like this to improve the overall Spotify experience. Make sure to have your browser up-to-date to receive full functionality and updates.

If you think this is something other people would like to have changed, feel free to add an idea to our Ideas board and others can vote for it and contribute to the discussion. 

Hope that helps 🙂

Hi Jemi,

can you explain to me how is this change "improving the Spotfy experience"?

Why would disallowing me to click on songs be beneficial?

Hey @damga

I understand what you mean. In this case, it's most probably greyed out to show that it's not possible to click on the individual tracks, but instead you have to skip to the next song one by one. This is the current functionality of Daily Mixes in the Web Player. A factor in this is that the Web Player format is more simplified than the app version. If you want to enjoy your music to the fullest extent, you can always download the app which has more to offer. 

Keep in mind that we constantly make changes, so if we notice that a function is not popular (overall), we look into it. 

Hope that explains things, and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Suggested posts