Announcements

My Shazam tracks not updating anymore

Solved!
Highlighted

My Shazam tracks not updating anymore

Regular

Hi, 

I have linked my account with Facebook and shazam (shazam and facebook are also linked to each other). Although when I shazam new songs they do not show up in my playlist 'My Shazamed Tracks'. I don't know if they ever did (I just found the playlist this morning), but There are alot of songs in that playlist and the last one added is over 4 weeks ago (probably the time I linked shazam and spotify)...

Is there a way to refresh this or something? I would like to use this feature/

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: My Shazam tracks not updating anymore

Regular

Hi Nclsvh,

what worked for me was to delete the My Shazam Tracks playlist from my Spotify; then I unlinked Shazam from Spotify and re-linked them once more. It did create the playlist automatically and with all the tracks I've shazamed so far.

So, in steps:

1. Delete "My Shazam Tracks" playlist from your Spotify.

2. Open Shazam and go to "My Shazam" tab.

3. Tap the gear icon; this will take you to the settings.

4. In the setting it shall give you the option to disconnect Spotify from Shazam.

5. Tap the "Disconnect Spotify" button.

6. Connect once more to Spotify from Shazam.

Et voilá...

Hope this works for you as well.

View solution in original post

27 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable

I just noticed this as well. I've been using Shazam constantly yet Spotify is not updating to see those discoveries. I've confirmed that both Spotify and Shazam say they're connected. 

Highlighted

Regular
Let me know if you find a solution. I am still looking..
Highlighted
Solution!

Regular

Hi Nclsvh,

what worked for me was to delete the My Shazam Tracks playlist from my Spotify; then I unlinked Shazam from Spotify and re-linked them once more. It did create the playlist automatically and with all the tracks I've shazamed so far.

So, in steps:

4. In the setting it shall give you the option to disconnect Spotify from Shazam.

Et voilá...

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Still waiting for guidance on an automatic update that does not require deleting and re-creating the playlist ...

Highlighted

Regular

I've found that updating the playlist is a manual process. Once you Shazam a track it gives you the option to add to a Spotify playlist and you have to do it manually. Maybe the suggestion for an automatic process should go to Shazam's end? 

After all, Spotify is not the one generating the playlist.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

@SebLapidus wrote:

Hi @Nclsvh,

So, in steps:

Et voilá...

Holy cow, this did it for me! I've been trying so many things, I also deleted the Playlist, but never thought about dis-connecting Shazam.... Thanks for this!

Highlighted

Actually, you don't have to delete the playlist in Spotify. Just disconnect Shazam from Spotify from the app and reconnect. It fixes it every time, and shows all your Shazamed songs in the playlist. 

Highlighted

Regular

Thanks Veridian, really glad to know that.

Highlighted

The only reliable solution unfortunately seems to be switching to SoundHound (https://soundhound.com/soundhound) as it appears Shazam doesn't care to fix the issue. Shazam has noted an ongoing issues that users have been complaining about for years: https://support.shazam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205139467--My-Shazam-Tracks-Spotify-playlist-issues

SUGGESTED POSTS