Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Shazam tracks not updating anymore

Solved!

My Shazam tracks not updating anymore

Hi, 

I have linked my account with Facebook and shazam (shazam and facebook are also linked to each other). Although when I shazam new songs they do not show up in my playlist 'My Shazamed Tracks'. I don't know if they ever did (I just found the playlist this morning), but There are alot of songs in that playlist and the last one added is over 4 weeks ago (probably the time I linked shazam and spotify)...

Is there a way to refresh this or something? I would like to use this feature/

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

@serhiisol - thanks for sharing this here in the Community and welcome! 

We've currently reported this with our teams who are looking into it. For more info, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and a comment with the requested details from the Status Update in this Ongoing Issue here.

@jerickson7211 - thanks for adding this info!

We'd also suggest taking a look at the same Ongoing Issue to find more updates regarding this on our end. We'll be sharing any further updates we have about this there, so make sure you've also subscribed to the thread as well to stay in the loop!

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

46 Replies

I just noticed this as well. I've been using Shazam constantly yet Spotify is not updating to see those discoveries. I've confirmed that both Spotify and Shazam say they're connected. 

Let me know if you find a solution. I am still looking..

Hi Nclsvh,

what worked for me was to delete the My Shazam Tracks playlist from my Spotify; then I unlinked Shazam from Spotify and re-linked them once more. It did create the playlist automatically and with all the tracks I've shazamed so far.

So, in steps:

1. Delete "My Shazam Tracks" playlist from your Spotify.

2. Open Shazam and go to "My Shazam" tab.

3. Tap the gear icon; this will take you to the settings.

4. In the setting it shall give you the option to disconnect Spotify from Shazam.

5. Tap the "Disconnect Spotify" button.

6. Connect once more to Spotify from Shazam.

Et voilá...

Hope this works for you as well.

Still waiting for guidance on an automatic update that does not require deleting and re-creating the playlist ...

I've found that updating the playlist is a manual process. Once you Shazam a track it gives you the option to add to a Spotify playlist and you have to do it manually. Maybe the suggestion for an automatic process should go to Shazam's end? 

After all, Spotify is not the one generating the playlist.

@SebLapidus wrote:

Hi @Nclsvh,

what worked for me was to delete the My Shazam Tracks playlist from my Spotify; then I unlinked Shazam from Spotify and re-linked them once more. It did create the playlist automatically and with all the tracks I've shazamed so far.

So, in steps:

1. Delete "My Shazam Tracks" playlist from your Spotify.

2. Open Shazam and go to "My Shazam" tab.

3. Tap the gear icon; this will take you to the settings.

4. In the setting it shall give you the option to disconnect Spotify from Shazam.

5. Tap the "Disconnect Spotify" button.

6. Connect once more to Spotify from Shazam.

Et voilá...

Hope this works for you as well.

Holy cow, this did it for me! I've been trying so many things, I also deleted the Playlist, but never thought about dis-connecting Shazam.... Thanks for this!

Actually, you don't have to delete the playlist in Spotify. Just disconnect Shazam from Spotify from the app and reconnect. It fixes it every time, and shows all your Shazamed songs in the playlist. 

Thanks Veridian, really glad to know that.

The only reliable solution unfortunately seems to be switching to SoundHound (https://soundhound.com/soundhound) as it appears Shazam doesn't care to fix the issue. Shazam has noted an ongoing issues that users have been complaining about for years: https://support.shazam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205139467--My-Shazam-Tracks-Spotify-playlist-issues

Careful deleting the whole playlist as it will only replace the ones that spotify recognizes which may not be all the songs in the list. I lost a lot of songs this way, tho technically it did work. Not sure why Shazam didn't have those older songs from way back when - new phone maybe, but that seems strange. Anyway, try renaming playlist rather than deleting would be my recommendation.

You don’t even have to delete. All you have to do is disconnect from Spotify in the settings option in Shazam then reconnect again.

i do it 2 times and this dont work, it creat the shazam playlist but the new shazam dont by add to my shazam playlist 😞

i do it 2 times and this dont work, it creat the shazam playlist but the new shazam dont by add to my shazam playlist 😞

Think I have this figured out.  I found that some tracks were being added and some were not.  Turns out that if Spotify has more than one match for a track discovered in Shazam then it won't auto-add it to the My Shazam playlist and the "add to" button is also grayed out.  I experimented and found this behavior is consistent.

The only problem with this solution is that the dates will all be lost so it will be mixed up completely. I have a lot of Shazams that are in order from auto-Shazaming dj sets Any other solutions??

Worked for me. Thanks, mate!

Just did this lucklily I saved off my old list, because it deleted a lot of the old stuff (I had 97 tracks, now it's sitting at 65) so it doesn't seem to work completely, be careful

It is not working for me. I even tried removing from "Approved Applications" on Spotify and connecting it again on Shazam.

True! Any idea how to sync the order ?

Suggested posts