My Shazam tracks not updating anymore

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: My Shazam tracks not updating anymore

Visitor

My playlist returned after I Shazamed a new track which was then added.

However, only 31 of my 79 tracks are on this new list.

How can I get the rest to populate without adding each one individually?

Is this a Spotify or Shazam issue?

I am using an Android and have run clean reinstalls on both programs.

Thank you for your help

Highlighted

Hey hey @rebel1558!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community on this.

Could you confirm for us that you have tried the steps listed in the ''Solution'' reply in this thread?

If this still doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know your phone's model and your OS version.

Keep us posted on this!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
previous recommendations not working

Highlighted

Hey there @ekesaf,

Could you also let us know the exact make and model of your phone, as well as the OS version and your Spotify version.

Thanks.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
Highlighted

Casual Listener
iPhone 6s - model number MKR32LL/A - ver. 14.0.1and Spotify  ver 8.5.79.1024

Hey @ekesaf,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

We tried but weren't able to replicate this issue. In most cases disconnecting and reconnecting the app should do the trick. When the add to button is still not visible, this can be caused by a track not being recognized by Spotify or having multiple versions. This can also happen when a track is not available on Spotify at the time.

Does the issue persists, when you log into your account on another device? That way we can check if it's an account-related issue. It's also a good idea to try with another network.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This is not related with network because I've already tried with maybe 5-6 different network. 

And I am not sure related with device because ı tried with 2 cell phone and 2 coputer. 

also the mucis which shazam grabs are also in shazam. 

Highlighted

Hey @ekesaf,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you please disconnect both apps from each other and reconnect them again? You can remove Shazam from your Spotify account here.

Afterwards, open Shazam, navigate to your Library,  click the gear to access Settings and tap DISCONNECT on Spotify. 

Lastly, quit both apps, restart your devices and open Shazam again to relink it to Spotify.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Casual Listener

This has been a problem for years before 2017 when I posted my comment on  ‎2017-09-04 08:45 PM. Shazam had a page acknowledging the issue that was dated years before 2017 that seems to have been taken down since Apple acquired Shazam.

I've previously tried uninstalling/reinstalling both apps, upgrading my phone across multiple of the latest iOS releases (from 2014 - 2017), upgrading/changing my phone. It's clearly an issue with Shazam and how they interface with Spotify, as I've since back in 2017 switched to SoundHound and haven't had a single issue since 2017. It would be nice to have a working Shazam as it's built-in to Apple so thought I'd comment as I am confident this isn't a simple user error given I swapped everything and the only thing that worked is changing off Shazam.

Highlighted

Visitor
I’m experiencing the same issue. Shazam creates an empty playlist and won’t add tracks to it.

I have iPhone 8+, iOS 14.1
SUGGESTED POSTS