Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Shazam tracks not updating anymore

Solved!

My Shazam tracks not updating anymore

Hi, 

I have linked my account with Facebook and shazam (shazam and facebook are also linked to each other). Although when I shazam new songs they do not show up in my playlist 'My Shazamed Tracks'. I don't know if they ever did (I just found the playlist this morning), but There are alot of songs in that playlist and the last one added is over 4 weeks ago (probably the time I linked shazam and spotify)...

Is there a way to refresh this or something? I would like to use this feature/

Thanks !

46 Replies

Tried that. Deleted Shazam in Spotify then disconnected Shazam from Spotify in my Android phone. Then reversed the process and reinstated my Shazam tracks from my phone into Spotify. My problem is, in my android phone the number of tracks in my Shazam totals 577 but only 254 tracks were transferred across into my new Shazam Track playlist in Spotify. Before I disconnected and started again I had a total of over 300 tracks in my Spotify Shazam playlist. I can't understand where the 50 or so tracks have gone? and also I can't understand why the full total of 577 were not transferred across? Help

Worked like a charm! I'm glad this was the second post that I read. Excellent work good sir.

Hey there @jivebear

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Then simply try the steps provided by @SebLapidus once again to check if all tracks will be transferred. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Genius - thank you!

Still not working for me, although it started working again briefly and then stopped. Here's what I did:

1. Deleted"My Shazam Tracks" playlist, disconnected shazam from spotify

2. Removed Shazam access perms in https://www.spotify.com/us/account/apps/

3. Deleted both shazam and spotify apps

4. Restarted iphone

5. Reinstalled both shazam and spotify apps

6. Restarted iphone

7. Reconnected shazam to spotify. "My Shazam Tracks" created in spotify.

8. Felt sad. "Add to Spotify" grayed out. New shazammed tracks not added to Spotify.

9. Spent 10 mins signing up to spotify community to reply negatively to this thread, and typed up much of this email.

10. Tried another shazam. And ... it worked. "Add to spotify" also not grayed out" in shazam. Success?

11. Spent 5 more mins retyping my success

12. Tried it again ... and I kid you not, it doesn't work. "Add to spotify" again greyed out. Grrr.

@ivan, anyone, any ideas? Seems like the auto-add permission takes a while to kick in and then expires.

Hi there!

I'm still having this issue and I've tried the following:

- Deleted the playlist in Spotify

- Unlinked in Shazam

- Relinked them both

- Removed access and reallowed access

All of which to no avail as although for awhile it was updating if I opened the Shazam app at the same time as Spotify, it stopped doing that and no longer updated the playlist at all. This defeats the purpose of having the list automatically added through shazam, and gives me no reason to use Shazam anymore if I have to manually go through each time, it'd be a fantastic system if it could update even semi regularly instead of getting stuck after so many songs have been added into the playlist.

Please fix this soon!

Same issue here!

Could it be, that apples shazam takeover is causing these issues?

Dont understand why no one is taking care of this issue......

Hey folks! 

Thanks for reporting this to us. We'll need a confirmation that you've tried the following steps so that we'd be able to forward this to the right team.

Can you check if:

• Your phone's OS is up to date
  • It works better on another device
  • You can see Shazam in the list of apps here?

We'll also suggest reinstalling Shazam and confirming for us if it works well on its own?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for following up. I can confirm that:
1. Yes, iOS was up to date
2. Yes, I have authenticated Shazam through to Spotify (and
re-authenticated from scratch to see if that was the problem)
3. Yes, I have tried reinstalling Shazam

Hey @rickschmoo,   

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!          

Would you mind checking if you still observe the same after running a clean reinstall on your device? We recommend this steps since it's more thorough than a regular reinstall. 

Another thing we can suggest is logging in to your Spotify account on another device just to see if you experience the issue. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.   

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.   

My playlist returned after I Shazamed a new track which was then added.

However, only 31 of my 79 tracks are on this new list.

How can I get the rest to populate without adding each one individually?

Is this a Spotify or Shazam issue?

I am using an Android and have run clean reinstalls on both programs.

Thank you for your help

Hey hey @rebel1558!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community on this.

Could you confirm for us that you have tried the steps listed in the ''Solution'' reply in this thread?

If this still doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know your phone's model and your OS version.

Keep us posted on this!

ElenaModerator

previous recommendations not working

Hey there @ekesaf,

Could you also let us know the exact make and model of your phone, as well as the OS version and your Spotify version.

Thanks.

AlexModerator

iPhone 6s - model number MKR32LL/A - ver. 14.0.1and Spotify  ver 8.5.79.1024

Hey @ekesaf,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

We tried but weren't able to replicate this issue. In most cases disconnecting and reconnecting the app should do the trick. When the add to button is still not visible, this can be caused by a track not being recognized by Spotify or having multiple versions. This can also happen when a track is not available on Spotify at the time.

Does the issue persists, when you log into your account on another device? That way we can check if it's an account-related issue. It's also a good idea to try with another network.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. This is not related with network because I've already tried with maybe 5-6 different network. 

And I am not sure related with device because ı tried with 2 cell phone and 2 coputer. 

also the mucis which shazam grabs are also in shazam. 

Hey @ekesaf,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you please disconnect both apps from each other and reconnect them again? You can remove Shazam from your Spotify account here.

Afterwards, open Shazam, navigate to your Library,  click the gear to access Settings and tap DISCONNECT on Spotify. 

Lastly, quit both apps, restart your devices and open Shazam again to relink it to Spotify.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator

This has been a problem for years before 2017 when I posted my comment on  ‎2017-09-04 08:45 PM. Shazam had a page acknowledging the issue that was dated years before 2017 that seems to have been taken down since Apple acquired Shazam.

I've previously tried uninstalling/reinstalling both apps, upgrading my phone across multiple of the latest iOS releases (from 2014 - 2017), upgrading/changing my phone. It's clearly an issue with Shazam and how they interface with Spotify, as I've since back in 2017 switched to SoundHound and haven't had a single issue since 2017. It would be nice to have a working Shazam as it's built-in to Apple so thought I'd comment as I am confident this isn't a simple user error given I swapped everything and the only thing that worked is changing off Shazam.

I’m experiencing the same issue. Shazam creates an empty playlist and won’t add tracks to it.

I have iPhone 8+, iOS 14.1

Suggested posts