Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify in sonos app doesn't recognize my premium membership.. Please help!

Solved!

My Spotify in sonos app doesn't recognize my premium membership.. Please help!

Hello,
I am having a problem listening to spotify on my Sonos system, I am having premium account and I can listen to Spotify from my iphone. But with Sonos system the Spotify app keep telling me that I have to update to premium account?
I don't understand, I am already premium user. In Sonos app it shows all my playlists which means that its logged in correctly.
It used to work before but not after I updated the brig.

Please help.

Mahmoud

33 Replies

Special code? Why does spotify keep that a secret?
Where does one find this code, and how does one use it?

I'm having the same problem.
I read somewhere else that some code is required. Any idea whether this is true, and if so where one gets the code and how it is used.
Extremely well kept secret apparently by spotify.

Just follow the steps on the Sonos site.

I have. Several times. I am unable to get a device code. Spotify sends me through a circular process of clicking on the device link sending me to my account, on which there is no reference to a device code.

Zero assistance from spotifiy on any of this. 

I have the same problem!!!

You should be able to login using Facebook on Sonos as long as your firmware is up to date so no need for a device password.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm currently having this exact same problem. I suspect it may be related to the fact that I recently changed my Facebook password. Here's what's happening to me:

• I opened up my Sonos app and tried to play the Spotify music I had stored in the queue.
  • It told me that I needed to upgrade to Spotify premium.
  • Then it took me through the process of re-authorizing my Spotify account (no biggie, this has happened before when I changed my Facebook password)
  • Then I successfully reauthorized (logged in with my Facebook account by hand, successfully), but when I went to play, it told me I needed to upgrade to premium again.
  • I went through this loop about five times, re-authorizing successfully, then being told I needed to upgrade.
  • After searching forums, I logged everything out, and cycled my modems and the spotify devices.
  • I have had problems in the past with discrepancy/confusion between my spotify login (which I never use) and my Facebook login, so I tried logging in with Spotify. 
  • Unfortunately, I can't remember the password for my spotify account. When I try to reset it, I click the button for "send password" and nothing happens. It loads for a moment, and then just hangs. No email, no error message, nothing. 
  • I tried giving up and re-logging in with Facebook again on my Sonos controller, but now it just tells me that something went wrong and to try again later. 

😞

Very frustrating y'all. 

I'm trying to change my account using Windows 8.1 and my Sonos controller is on my Galaxy S5. 

Thanks for your help.

@elenayay - Is your account showing as Premium when you log into your online account?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It is! I actually was finally able to get it to work. I have noooo idea how, to be honest. I just did the whole cycle again, powered everything down (including my laptop, the sonos bridge, the speaker, my phone, and my wireless router). Then I logged in again, and reauthorized my account, and reauthorized it one more time. It finally worked!

God Dammit why the **bleep** am I have a problme yet again with this player.  It is not intutive,  If you make a change in your network your **bleep**ed.  I have had it and the next ten people I meet I am telling them the system sucks...

Problem not sovled.  What is the fix?

Just got into your account and advanced settings and re-authorize your Spotify account. Fixed the issue for me.

Re- Authorize your Spotify account through advanced settings in your Sonos app.

My fix was get rid of the Sonos.

Suggested posts