My Spotify in sonos app doesn't recognize my premium membership.. Please help!

Solved!
Highlighted

My Spotify in sonos app doesn't recognize my premium membership.. Please help!

endlessway
Regular

Hello,
I am having a problem listening to spotify on my Sonos system, I am having premium account and I can listen to Spotify from my iphone. But with Sonos system the Spotify app keep telling me that I have to update to premium account?
I don't understand, I am already premium user. In Sonos app it shows all my playlists which means that its logged in correctly.
It used to work before but not after I updated the brig.

Please help.

Mahmoud

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: My Spotify in sonos app doesn't recognize my premium membership.. Please help!

endlessway
Regular

Problem solved,

i found out that i need to login through Sonos with a special code not with normal facebook user name.

all the best and thanks for your help guys.

Mahmoud

View solution in original post

Solution!

Re: My Spotify in sonos app doesn't recognize my premium membership.. Please help!

Joe
Community Legend

Let Sonos help you with this. Changing anything now will make it more difficult for them to troubleshoot the issues you're having.

33 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

Can you just double check your subscription is still active on your online overview and try removing the Spotify app / your login details from the sonos unit and try starting again. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

endlessway
Regular

Hello Peter,

thanks for the help, but still doesnt work. 

- on spotifuggle website - online on my profile it says that i am active spotify premium subscription.

- on my iphone - the app working perfectly

- on my laptop the app is also working

- in my Sonos app spotifuggle is connected to my profile with my name and all my playlists. but it cannot play any of them there it says that i need to upgrade to premium account.. its very strange.

is there a list for things i need to check? all what i did was updating the bridge and restarting the system.

Thank you,

Mahmoud

endlessway
Regular

sorry spilling autocorrector kept changing spotify to spotifuggle.. 

Spotify
Spotify

Hi endlessway - Do you mind confirming which username you use to sign in?

endlessway
Regular

endlessway is my Facebook user name

endlessway
Regular

shall i send you more info per private mail?

Solution!

endlessway
Regular

Problem solved,

i found out that i need to login through Sonos with a special code not with normal facebook user name.

all the best and thanks for your help guys.

Mahmoud

lasseman22
Regular

I have the same probelm that endlessway describes below. What is the sonos code I need to be able to log on? Where do I get such code, please advice!

lasseman

Joe
Community Legend

Hello. The Sonos site takes you through the process.

SUGGESTED POSTS