Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify in sonos app doesn't recognize my premium membership.. Please help!

Solved!

My Spotify in sonos app doesn't recognize my premium membership.. Please help!

Hello,
I am having a problem listening to spotify on my Sonos system, I am having premium account and I can listen to Spotify from my iphone. But with Sonos system the Spotify app keep telling me that I have to update to premium account?
I don't understand, I am already premium user. In Sonos app it shows all my playlists which means that its logged in correctly.
It used to work before but not after I updated the brig.

Please help.

Mahmoud

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Problem solved,

i found out that i need to login through Sonos with a special code not with normal facebook user name.

all the best and thanks for your help guys.

Mahmoud

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Let Sonos help you with this. Changing anything now will make it more difficult for them to troubleshoot the issues you're having.

View solution in original post

33 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Can you just double check your subscription is still active on your online overview and try removing the Spotify app / your login details from the sonos unit and try starting again. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello Peter,

thanks for the help, but still doesnt work. 

- on spotifuggle website - online on my profile it says that i am active spotify premium subscription.

- on my iphone - the app working perfectly

- on my laptop the app is also working

- in my Sonos app spotifuggle is connected to my profile with my name and all my playlists. but it cannot play any of them there it says that i need to upgrade to premium account.. its very strange.

is there a list for things i need to check? all what i did was updating the bridge and restarting the system.

Thank you,

Mahmoud

sorry spilling autocorrector kept changing spotify to spotifuggle.. 

Hi endlessway - Do you mind confirming which username you use to sign in?

endlessway is my Facebook user name

shall i send you more info per private mail?

Marked as solution

Problem solved,

i found out that i need to login through Sonos with a special code not with normal facebook user name.

all the best and thanks for your help guys.

Mahmoud

I have the same probelm that endlessway describes below. What is the sonos code I need to be able to log on? Where do I get such code, please advice!

lasseman

Hello. The Sonos site takes you through the process.

Thanks! Now I have the Spotify username (numbers) and a new password but I am still not able to get the Fcuking Spofify to stream to my Sonos 5 device. Will you pls help a blind and frustrated man forward?

Sincerely yours

lasseman

There's no minimum age limit for joining the community so please watch the swearing. So are you getting an error message when you log in or are you just lost? If the latter, there are a bunch oh helpfull resources on the sonos site 

I am sorry, but I am still not able to do it. The Sonos webpage does not appear for me after I enter the supposedly correct username and password i.e. not using facebook log in info. I have logged out from the face book log in and logged in again with username and password but the Sonos webpage does not appear any way so I get stuck in between some how.

Should I erase my Spotify installation and start over and reinstall it with Sonos? Pls advice and help me with some more specific info as the Sonos link does not do it for me

Yours,

lasseman

It is me again, I do not get by the point where I try to add the spotify account to Sonos and use my Spotiify log-in credentials (not facebook). The screen does not refresh after this point and it seems I am unable to associate the Spotify account with my Sonos system.

Pls tell me what is wrong here with this; is there something withthe iPhone 5, or something with the Sonos 5 or something else? I deleted and reinstalled Spotify premium without any help. The problem is the same on my two iPhones and the iPad. What I am doing wrong?

Yours,

lasseman

OK, I think I understand. This may be related to an issue which Sonos are working on. Try following the steps in their post here.

I am with the Sonos people trying to look into this but no success what so ever. Would it help for me to cancel the whole subscription and start over with a new Spotiofy premium account instead? I want to keep my Sonos buyt need Spotify to work on it.

So we went through the steps you sent me liink to but no help there.

Lasseman

Marked as solution

Let Sonos help you with this. Changing anything now will make it more difficult for them to troubleshoot the issues you're having.

Hi

I am trying to use my spotify premium on sonos and it is not working.  I know I have an up to date payment and I have tried logging in via facebook or via the special code for sonos.  Sometimes it says there may be a problem with spotify and sometimes it says that I am not authorised to listen to anything I have chosen. 

@katyh - Can you try the steps here?:

https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/spotify_login_information_not_valid

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am having the same problem. Paid for premium. Payment accepted and account identified as such, but cannot stream on Sonos. Signed in, signed out. Followed all the procedures.
Contacted Sonos---they actually provide customer support, contrary to spotify---and they were able to stream their account over my Sonos system, hence the problem is with my account,
Zero success in contacting spotify customer support.

Suggested posts