Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account Is not being recognized by my yamaha amp

My account Is not being recognized by my yamaha amp

Hi, I hope someone can help. I have a Yamaha rxv675 amp and have been streaming through my iPad ap. however the app or my account is not being recognized by the amp so the amp does not appear as a device to stream to from both my iPad and iPhone .this has only just started as it had been working until today. I know the amp is working as my partner can use his iPad app to stream music from and the amp recognizes he is connecting using the iPad app and his app recognizes the amp as a device. Any suggestions ?
Thanks, Antony
21 Replies

Hi @Antonycml, I've moved your post to the Help - Other subforum, where someone will be able to assist you in troubleshooting your issue. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with your receiver, but I'll stay subsribed to this thread to make sure someone helps you out! 

Hi, thanks for your message, I realised afterwards that I had probably put the posting in the wrong area, sorry. I did post another in the help forum ( I think !) finding it a little difficult finding my way around the community website and how to post questions.
Hope someone can help as I am now at a dead end. I gave tried again deleting the apps from both iPhone and iPad and re downloading them but still no difference. When logged in they do not recognize the amp exists as a device. This is so strange as when I first downloaded the apps and subscribed to premium all was working fine. Also as my partner is using his iPad to connect to the amp we know it us working ok and the wifi network is ok. it also is unlikely to be the iPad or iPhone as for both of them and also my account on the laptop to not be recognized as connected by the amp would be highly unlikely.
Thanks
Antony

@Antonycml wrote:
Hi, thanks for your message, I realised afterwards that I had probably put the posting in the wrong area, sorry. I did post another in the help forum ( I think !) finding it a little difficult finding my way around the community website and how to post questions.
Hope someone can help as I am now at a dead end. I gave tried again deleting the apps from both iPhone and iPad and re downloading them but still no difference. When logged in they do not recognize the amp exists as a device. This is so strange as when I first downloaded the apps and subscribed to premium all was working fine. Also as my partner is using his iPad to connect to the amp we know it us working ok and the wifi network is ok. it also is unlikely to be the iPad or iPhone as for both of them and also my account on the laptop to not be recognized as connected by the amp would be highly unlikely.
Thanks
Antony

This is helpful! Can you try controlling your iPad from your iPhone, to confirm that Connect features are working on your account?

Hi again,
The iPad , iPhone and my laptop all recognize and can control each other on connect. The only thing not being recognized is the yamaha amp. This is connected directly to our router and can be controlled by another app on my iPad. The strange thing is that the amp is being recognized as a device on another iPad and Spotify account of my partner over the same network ! The amp is just not recognizing my account and devices.
I am not sure what else to try, any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.
Thanks, Antony

The next step I'd try is to log out of all Spotify devices on your account, update/reinstall the Yahama firmware from download.yamaha.com, and then reset your router. Then log into your iOS device and see if the Yamaha receiver shows up.

Apologies if that doesn't work - I have no suggestions beyond that.

Thanks for your advice, I will try this and see if this works. It is just so strange my partner can use both his iPad and iPhone on his account to link with the amp but not me ! So the amp is working and the firmware is up to date as I checked. Could it possibly be something tondo with my account and should I just cancel my account and start again ?
Thanks
Antony

@Antonycml wrote:
Thanks for your advice, I will try this and see if this works. It is just so strange my partner can use both his iPad and iPhone on his account to link with the amp but not me ! So the amp is working and the firmware is up to date as I checked. Could it possibly be something tondo with my account and should I just cancel my account and start again ?
Thanks
Antony

Cancelling your account shouldn't be necessary, as it seems more likely that it's a device-related issue. Try this: log out of your account on your iOS device and ask your partner to log into their account from your device and see if it works there.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Actually I have spoken to Yamaha as well about this problem and they suggested something similar by my partner logging into his account on my iPad which we did and it works fine with the amp.
I have also logged into my account on his iPad and this does not work, not recognizing the amp.

I think this pretty conclusively shows all devices are working, the only thing that isn't is when my account is used.
Any suggestions what I need to do about my account.
Thanks

Antony

I've escalated the issue so that a staff member can take a look.

Thank you for your quick response, I hope this can be resolved as I don't see the point in paying for a service that I really can't use to the full, which has been now for the last week.

Many thanks again

Antony

Hi again,
I don't know your relationship with Spotify, but wondered if you could please check what is happening regarding this issue with my account as I have heard nothing from Spotify directly and the problem still exists. If is any easier for me to contact them directly so not to bother you do you have a contact I could use ?
Many thanks

Antony

I've made note of the issue, but in order to expedite it, please get in touch with Spotify staff through the contact form. When you get an automated response, please make note of the case # and post it here so I can include it in the escalation form.

Hi my case no is #02156990

Thanks

Antony

Hey @Antonycml

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Please take a look at your inbox, you should get an email very soon from our support team.

Let us know how it goes and if we can help with anything else.

Hi,
Thank you for your message, I was contacted by Carlos and he asked me to try login with a test account but this did not work with my amp. The problem still seems to be that my account is not being recognized by the Amp from any of my devices, iPad, iPhone or laptop. However the same devices are all working fine and are recognized by the Yamaha amp when logged into my partners account. I have also tried login on his iPad and this does not recognize the amp when I am logged in either.
The common problem is my account .
This problem has now existed for 2 weeks and I cannot stream music to listen to from my amp on my account. I now feel I will have to cancel my account as no solution has been found and no further contact has been made.
Please can you advise what I should now do before I cancel my account.

Thanks
Antony

Hi,
Please can you help, I have replied to Carlos who contacted me from Spotify and explained the test he suggested did not work, I have also replied to Pricilla on here and explained I have not resolved this issue and have not had a response. Now I am contacting you again as a last resort and very frustrated that no one has hot back to me to help me resolve this issue. As you know, the common problem with all my devices is my account , not the devices as they work perfectly with my partners account.

I now feel that I will have to cancel my account as no one seems interested in contacting me to resolve this issue.
I am sorry to bother you again but maybe you can exert some pressure or influence to help.

Thanks
Antony

@Antonycml wrote:
Hi,
Please can you help, I have replied to Carlos who contacted me from Spotify and explained the test he suggested did not work, I have also replied to Pricilla on here and explained I have not resolved this issue and have not had a response. Now I am contacting you again as a last resort and very frustrated that no one has hot back to me to help me resolve this issue. As you know, the common problem with all my devices is my account , not the devices as they work perfectly with my partners account.

I now feel that I will have to cancel my account as no one seems interested in contacting me to resolve this issue.
I am sorry to bother you again but maybe you can exert some pressure or influence to help.

Thanks
Antony

Hi @Antonycml , I apologize for the troubles: my understanding is that the CS team is short-staffed during the holidays, so response time might be a little longer than normal. 

I can recommend a possible workaround: try creating a new account (you'll need to use a different email address; however, if you use Gmail, you can add a period anywhere in the address, such as g.process@gmail, and the mail will still be delivered to your main account while being recognized by Spotify as a different address) and signing up for the free 30 day trial here (alternately, you can do the 3 months for $.99, but not both). 

After getting Premium on the new account, try logging into your iOS devices and testing Spotify Connect from the new account. If it works, you can cancel Premium on your old account (from the account page) and start using the new account as your primary account. You can transfer over Your Music by following these steps, and your playlists by following these instructions.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I will give it a go and see what happens. I wish you a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Antony

@Antonycml wrote:
Hi,
Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I will give it a go and see what happens. I wish you a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Antony

You too! So sorry this has been a difficult to resolve issue!

Suggested posts