Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account Is not being recognized by my yamaha amp

My account Is not being recognized by my yamaha amp

Hi, I hope someone can help. I have a Yamaha rxv675 amp and have been streaming through my iPad ap. however the app or my account is not being recognized by the amp so the amp does not appear as a device to stream to from both my iPad and iPhone .this has only just started as it had been working until today. I know the amp is working as my partner can use his iPad app to stream music from and the amp recognizes he is connecting using the iPad app and his app recognizes the amp as a device. Any suggestions ?
Thanks, Antony
21 Replies

Hi,

I have the same problem (or at least similar).

I've had a Yamaha RX-A2030 using Spotify Connect for almost a year now without a problem. About two months ago I also got a Yamaha RX-A830. This worked as well.

I am controlling Spotify Connect from my IPod Touch and my Sony Experia Z1 Compact.

Approximately a month ago my problems started. Suddenly Spotify Connect didn't work.

My receivers are recognised by Spotify but when selecting any of the receivers the speaker icon is just flashing but will never go green.

When scanning the community I found several people having similar problems. I've tried all possible solutions - restarting, changing password, uninstalling, logging out, restored receivers to factory settings... No luck.

Then I found this post and tried to connect with my daughter's account. Voila! It worked.

So my conclusion is the same as Antonycml's. There is a problem with my account.

Is there anyone out there or at Spotify that can help me to fix this problem?

Thanks Mats

Solved the problem by creating a new account with a new user name.

The likely cause to my problems was that I had non-standard letters in the username like '[' and ']'.

/Mats

Suggested posts