Announcements

My account Is not being recognized by my yamaha amp

Highlighted

Re: My account Is not being recognized by my yamaha amp

Music Fan
Thank you for your quick response, I hope this can be resolved as I don't see the point in paying for a service that I really can't use to the full, which has been now for the last week.

Many thanks again

Antony
Highlighted

Music Fan
Hi again,
I don't know your relationship with Spotify, but wondered if you could please check what is happening regarding this issue with my account as I have heard nothing from Spotify directly and the problem still exists. If is any easier for me to contact them directly so not to bother you do you have a contact I could use ?
Many thanks

Antony
Highlighted

Community Legend

I've made note of the issue, but in order to expedite it, please get in touch with Spotify staff through the contact form. When you get an automated response, please make note of the case # and post it here so I can include it in the escalation form.

Highlighted

Music Fan
Hi my case no is #02156990

Thanks

Antony
Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hey @Antonycml

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Please take a look at your inbox, you should get an email very soon from our support team.

Let us know how it goes and if we can help with anything else.

Highlighted

Music Fan
Hi,
Thank you for your message, I was contacted by Carlos and he asked me to try login with a test account but this did not work with my amp. The problem still seems to be that my account is not being recognized by the Amp from any of my devices, iPad, iPhone or laptop. However the same devices are all working fine and are recognized by the Yamaha amp when logged into my partners account. I have also tried login on his iPad and this does not recognize the amp when I am logged in either.
The common problem is my account .
This problem has now existed for 2 weeks and I cannot stream music to listen to from my amp on my account. I now feel I will have to cancel my account as no solution has been found and no further contact has been made.
Please can you advise what I should now do before I cancel my account.

Thanks
Antony
Highlighted

Music Fan
Hi,
Please can you help, I have replied to Carlos who contacted me from Spotify and explained the test he suggested did not work, I have also replied to Pricilla on here and explained I have not resolved this issue and have not had a response. Now I am contacting you again as a last resort and very frustrated that no one has hot back to me to help me resolve this issue. As you know, the common problem with all my devices is my account , not the devices as they work perfectly with my partners account.

I now feel that I will have to cancel my account as no one seems interested in contacting me to resolve this issue.
I am sorry to bother you again but maybe you can exert some pressure or influence to help.

Thanks
Antony
Highlighted

Community Legend

@Antonycml wrote:
Hi,
Please can you help, I have replied to Carlos who contacted me from Spotify and explained the test he suggested did not work, I have also replied to Pricilla on here and explained I have not resolved this issue and have not had a response. Now I am contacting you again as a last resort and very frustrated that no one has hot back to me to help me resolve this issue. As you know, the common problem with all my devices is my account , not the devices as they work perfectly with my partners account.

I now feel that I will have to cancel my account as no one seems interested in contacting me to resolve this issue.
I am sorry to bother you again but maybe you can exert some pressure or influence to help.

Thanks
Antony

Hi @Antonycml , I apologize for the troubles: my understanding is that the CS team is short-staffed during the holidays, so response time might be a little longer than normal. 

I can recommend a possible workaround: try creating a new account (you'll need to use a different email address; however, if you use Gmail, you can add a period anywhere in the address, such as g.process@gmail, and the mail will still be delivered to your main account while being recognized by Spotify as a different address) and signing up for the free 30 day trial here (alternately, you can do the 3 months for $.99, but not both). 

After getting Premium on the new account, try logging into your iOS devices and testing Spotify Connect from the new account. If it works, you can cancel Premium on your old account (from the account page) and start using the new account as your primary account. You can transfer over Your Music by following these steps, and your playlists by following these instructions.

Highlighted

Music Fan
Hi,
Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I will give it a go and see what happens. I wish you a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Antony
Highlighted

Community Legend

@Antonycml wrote:
Hi,
Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I will give it a go and see what happens. I wish you a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Antony

You too! So sorry this has been a difficult to resolve issue!

SUGGESTED POSTS