Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My and my fiances spotify seem connected?

My and my fiances spotify seem connected?

Plan

Premium

Country

Usa

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I've noticed that my fiance seems to be able to 'hijack' my Spotify account.

We both have premium. I like to sign into my Spotify on my work's iPad to listen to music, however I've noticed sometimes it will stop playing and either start playing my fiance's music, or it will say that I have begun streaming through my fiance's google home mini.

We are each logged into our own accounts, so I have no idea why this is happening. 

1 Reply

Hey there @Rainjays

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

What you describe usually happens when two different users are logged in to the same Spotify account. Even if each of you is using their own account, it's still possible that your account remained logged in on another device. 

No worries, let's try some steps that might help. Open your Account Page, scroll down and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE. If you're accidentally logged in on another device, the connection will be broken after clicking this button. Now you can log in with your own credentials on the preferred device again.  

Then you must check if you're logged in to the correct account - you can tell which account you’re logged in by looking at your Spotify username (which you'll find here in your Account page under Profile).

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Suggested posts