Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My music won't play!

My music won't play!

Whenever I open up my web player, I end up with a play bar with no time signature or album image, and whenever I click play on anything IT DOESN'T PLAY! No warnings or notifications have come up, and it's been doing this for nearly a month. No amount of logging out, reloading, un-caching or computer rebooting fixes anything. All my systems are up to date, and I have nearly 5G left of storage so that's not the problem. I have no idea how to fix this. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2018-03-22 at 4.45.46 PM.png
2 Replies

Hey @NootNoot_A_F_S

I suggest trying out the following tricks:

1. Ensure that "This web player" is selected in the Spotify Connect button, it's between Queue and Volume.

2. Go to a random album and hit the three dots on any song to select "Copy song link". Now paste this to your browser's address bar and hit Enter.
This should force the web player to open the album and start playing the song. Hit play if it doesn't play anything yet.

3. Go to Spotify webpage, log in if you're not logged in yet and select any album in the "Jump back in" section. This should open the web player and make it play the album you selected.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just tried it, still didn't work! Honestly, I'm contemplating just creating a new account at this point.

Suggested posts