Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My question posted here 2 weeks ago is missed!

Solved!

My question posted here 2 weeks ago is missed!

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

Where is my question about huge cover in web player? I can't see it and cover is still huge.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No worries and it's slightly cut off so didn't see!
I've passed your feedback regarding Web Player to the correct team for their consideration.

Keep safe and if you need anything else, do let me know.

/es

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @clearsense,

I can't see your previous post, was it posted under a different username? Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 14.35.31.png

On the Community everyone tries to respond to as many posts as possible however as you can expect there is a sheer number that are coming through and the Community does not guarantee a response to every question however the Spotify Staff and us Community Stars try extremely hard to get to them all where we can help. You can learn more about the Community here.

Could you try opening your web player in a different browser or in a private browser window and let me know how that goes and if there is any different? Could you also let me know what device you are using and I'll see what further I can suggest to get thing back on track 😄

Hi @EthanS1!
Thank you for trying help. Really!
About my prev post: I also can't see it, but here is proof that it was created about 2 weeks ago:

clearsense_0-1589158870762.png

So it's question to tech staff and frankly - I already had bad exprience with Spotify staff. Seems like i pay for service and yet need to fight against some problems from time to time and can't really get any help from official workers. I understand that you aren't one of them, so thank you for help.

As well as my prev post had been lost for some reason I can repeat what bothered me, maybe you can help or transfer this question to some official staff.
So now playlist in web player looks like this 

clearsense_1-1589159203774.png

And few weeks ago this huge unusable panel was smaller and placed on left side, songs were right to it. I could see like twice much count of songs by default. Now i see this horrible big cover and only few of them.
I don't think this is some random issue (btw I use last version of Google Chrome and Windows 10). Seems like it's planed design change. But why??? For what reason? If somebody wants this - fine, but I don't! Its really very bad UI design as for me. If they do this, they must provide option in settings how disable it, but I can't see it!

I really doubt again about using such service, that can change main UI things like this. Sorry, for angry mood, but why I must spend my time on such things and still pay for it? I don't really get it. Spotify is great mainly, but such decisions of its team is just awful.

Hey!

If you are using web player than this would be expected behaviour and Ill get you feedback across to Spotify however It looks like your using Spotify for desktop so it looks like you could currently be part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience where it looks a lot like the web player.

Spotify is always running tests and looking to improve the user experience in as many ways as possible, you can learn more about testing at Spotify here

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously and I’ll ensure your feedback is passed across to the correct teams at Spotify for consideration.

Hi!
No, I don't use desktop version, screen is from web and you even can see small blue icon in top right of screen - it's web extension. As far as it is expected behavior for web player I can only ask you to share this feedback: web player totally need option to make cover smaller as it was before.
Marked as solution

No worries and it's slightly cut off so didn't see!
I've passed your feedback regarding Web Player to the correct team for their consideration.

Keep safe and if you need anything else, do let me know.

/es

Suggested posts