New Metal Tracks **Still** Not Updating Properly

Re: New Metal Tracks **Still** Not Updating Properly

user-removed
Not applicable

Let's see what they do today after the complaints, my guess is nothing.

fixthemetal
Casual Listener

Spotify you had better get on this or I and many others will be canceling our subscriptions.

user-removed
Not applicable

Still nothing, same tracks just swapped around as 4 weeks ago, I give up.

RichardBB
Casual Listener

I'm glad others are as frustrated about this as I am. Bumping this thread in the hopes of an answer

benjohnson2010
Music Fan

The so-called "Spotify Cares" account on Twitter gave me another empty reply. I'm gonna give it another day or two and just keep hitting them until they get this fixed. Keep up the pressure. Probably won't accomplish anything but I'm too pissed at this point to give up.

fixthemetal
Casual Listener
Yeah man. Thanks, I'll be doing the same.

Grace
Spotify Legend

Hey guys,

Thanks for your comments about this. 

We just heard back from the team in charge of this and they've confimed that this playlist automatically refreshes and is based on an algorithm rather than being manually attended to by Spotify staff. 

This is the reason the playlist is sometimes jumbled and isn't consistently updated. 

I hope this sheds some light!

benjohnson2010
Music Fan

Respectfully, Grace, that doesn't really shed any light at all.

If machine learning (or lack thereof) is to blame for this, so be it, but the playlist is still malfunctioning. It's called "New Metal Tracks" and hasn't lived up to that name in weeks. I know you're not personally to blame for this, but your reply is just as much of a non-answer as the few dismissive comments Spotify has already thrown our way. This is exhaustingly frustrating.

Will Spotify be correcting this error or not? If you can't answer that, I understand. But why is it too much to ask for a paying customer (going on 4 years!) to speak with someone who can provide an actual solution?

I repeat - I WILL PERSONALLY ATTEND THIS PLAYLIST IF NO ONE AT SPOTIFY CAN BE BOTHERED TO DO IT - the designated algorithm is clearly not up to the task.

myceliom
Music Fan
Thanks for this update. What I am wondering though, is did it *used* to be
updated by a staff member ? The tracks up until a couple of months ago were
all different...and of much higher quality it has to be said!

ingejanse
Roadie

Your reaction, although understandable, is the reason why people tend to hate big companies: they appear to be responding, but they're not. 

As with many things in life, I don't want an explanation, I want a solution. In this case, the playlist used to work, now it doesn't anymore, so we ask for a fix.

A possible fix is the answer 'screw you guys, I'm going home', after which we can make something ourselves (shouldn't be that hard by combining release lists with an algorithm that automatically generates a playlist). Another fix is that Spotify reverts to what the playlist was, which makes perfect sense, since its reason for existence is not the library, but the way it discloses everything. 

But atleast give a fix, not a - I have to be honoust here - plain silly answer that helps no one.

SUGGESTED POSTS