Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Releases section is not updating

New Releases section is not updating

Hi! 

I registered for premium on Spotify exactly one month ago, when Spotify launched in Romania. Apart from the fact that the "Discover Weekly" playlist is still not showing up after one month of subscription in "Discover" (from what I know, it takes about two weeks for it to show up), and I can find it only if I search for "Discover Weekly" and follow the playlist, I have another problem which is a bit annoying. 

In the "New Releases" section, where Albums and Singles show up, I keep seeing the same recommendations sice day 1 of my subscription. Nothing changed. I would really like to see the latest releases based on what I listen to. I use Release Radar, indeed, but I don't follow ALL the artists I like, some may have slipped through and therefore, I would love to be able to see the New Releases updated when something comes out, plus, it also helps me be always in touch with new artists as my occupation implies that I am always up to date with new releases.

Strange thing is that my girlfrend also started the accound when I did, after Spotify launched in Romania, and she sees the same new releases as in day one as well. Can this be fixed? Is it something that has to do with the region? It would be pretty odd since I don't see how region would affect the new releases page. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Andrei 

Top Answer
Xenia

Hey folks,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and bearing with us while we've been looking into this.

We want you to know that the New Releases sections are being managed and distributed differently depending on the country or region and we believe that this is the main reason for this segment to be updated irregularly for some users. However, we advise you to always keep your apps running on the latest supported versions to ensure that all features will work as expected and you don't miss out on any fixes.

It's also worthwhile checking out the What's New feed, which is available on Android and iOS and keeps you up to speed about new releases/listings from your followed artists.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any further questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Top Answer
Lyubka
Hey folks,

We understand your frustration when New Releases section is not updating, however the reasons for this happening could be much different for each and every one of you.
We can confirm that the team has made changes to the feature and the behavior described in this thread at this time step should have improved. As this thread here has become too general and has grown a bit old, going forward, we'd like to close it off, so feel free to start a new thread where you give us more info about what exactly is happening and what you've tried to resolve this.

We're always working on making the algorithm better and we'd love to help if you experience difficulties with the New Releases updating.
We recommend:
  • performing a clean reinstall using the steps here;
  • clearing cached files;
  • logging out > restarting > logging back in;
  • keeping the app running on the latest supported versions.
We hope this clears things up. Take care!
98 Replies

Hi, Novy,

Thanks for replying. It happens across all possible mobile phones iPhone 12, Huawei Mate 30 Pro, Samsung S21, on my laptop, on my PC, on Windows 10, Mac OS, online on play.spotify.com, on my friend's apps, on my brother's app. All the latest versions of the app and all devices updated to the latest OS.

It is not an issue that recently occurred. It's been like this since I subscribed to Spotify and since it became available in Romania. My "New Releases" section doesn't update with new albums and singles only once every 3-4-5 months, with only very few releases - even though I can find every new album and single that comes out worldwide on Spotify if I search for them. But I can't find out about them being released, as they are not indexed in the "New Releases" section. I hope I was clear.

See the attached image as an example. The "JUSTICE" album by Justin Bieber shows as the latest release on my "New Releases" page - even though it is released in March 2021. "The Black Keys" album which was released 4 days ago, doesn't show up in my "New Releases" page, but if I search for it, it exists on Spotify. Basically, my entire "New Releases" section is completely messed up and out of sync. It has nothing to do with the app version, OS, platform. It is like this for everyone I know in Romania.

Spotify.jpg

Hi Novy,

just like Andrei I would like to add some more piece of information from my side. I send attached the section "New Releases" (Jazz, Spotify - Web Player: Music for everyone). Except for first three albums, that were added a couple of months ago after years of total stagnation, the albums are definitely not new, not at all.

Spotify has plenty of new jazz releases that I listen through the dedicates playlists (State of Jazz, Jazz X-Press etc) that do not show up in the New Releases.

Thanks again.  

Kudepi, I clicked on your link for the "New Releases" for Jazz Genre and I have even less releases than you do. 😞 So there clearly is a problem. We both should be able to see the same releases. 

{091D7861-057C-47D6-BBA6-623C014049D5}.png

Hi again, 

Thanks for getting back to us with this info. 

Having the exact Spotify versions running on the devices in which you're experiencing this issue will help us investigate further and report this if necessary. 

In this guide you'll find some steps to find your app version. 

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify Windows 10 desktop version: 1.1.59.712.g54f36e5d-a

Thanks

Novy, as I wrote all my spotify apps are updated to the latest version, either windows or Android. Of course open.spotify has no version...

By the way, please note that the screen shot that I uploaded in my precious post was not taken from my account. The fact that Andrei has a different list of jazz new releases is puzzling. 

Hey there, 

Thanks for your replies. 

Would you mind sending over the URIs of the albums that shouldn't be under New Releases? 

@kudepi, we understand that you're running the latest app version. However, it's important that we have the exact version because this will help us get the issue reported to the right folks. 

We'll be right here.

NovyModerator

Hi, Novy,

here is the version I am using with my Huawei laptop (Windows 10 app): 1.1.59.712.g54f36e5d-a

Sending the URIs of albums that should not be under New Releases would take hours, I see dozens of albums and they are not new.

May I suggest a simple check: would you share with us the jazz New Releases from *your* account? In principle such list should be

(i) identical to the same list present in any other account (including mine, that I sent in my previous post, and Andrei's one)
(ii) all albums should be brand new (e.g. april/may 2021).

If the above conditions do not apply then Spotify has a serious problem...

Thanks again.

Hi, Novy!

Glad to see someone really checking into the issue.

So the first strange thing is, this album, Bieber's JUSTICE, was released in March and it shows up as the most recent release in my "New Albums and Singles" section:
https://open.spotify.com/album/5dGWwsZ9iB2Xc3UKR0gif2?si=3o3I3t_bT4-oxeP4P2Q5Tg

After that, it's not that the section shows albums which "shouldn't be there". It's the fact that it shows in the first two rows albums which have been released in the past 1, 2, 3 months as being "recent".

Still, some recent albums do show up. Jorja Smith's 14th of May release and Niki Minaj's may 14th release both show up, but the Black Keys album which is also from may 14th, doesn't!

https://open.spotify.com/album/682pJqnx8hcrCfSjvyNBki?si=kA_-jeuGRwyeKvjIhmBgVA

Then I get albums like:

https://open.spotify.com/album/5EBGCvO6upi3GNknMVe9x9?si=8f8800b06a204bc5

Which is a 2018 release

https://open.spotify.com/album/4AAPRl8BKlsIVC5aeedlBv?si=zLYMKxRUSR6YrilE9JuDNA

Which is also a 2018 release...

Very few from 2021 compared to how many were actually released in reality. It's like the section skips releases.

Hi again, 

We appreciate the info you've provided. 

@kudepi, not to worry. Keep in mind that you don't have to send them all, but we would appreciate it if you could provide some examples as @AndreiPurcarea did. 

Once we have all this info, we'll be able to forward it to the right folks so they can investigate further. 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

Hey folks, 

Thanks for sending all this info, we really appreciate it. 

We've gone ahead and reported this to the team in charge and they'll be looking into it. 

We'll let you know as soon as we have some info to share. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator

Same here Everything was ok until about two months ago, since then I see the same nrw albums. Nothing has changed for a long time now..

I have premium account.

Same here, nothing has been updated since April… i have a premium account and on all the devices i use nothing is updating. It’s quite a shame that this is the situation for so long 

It is a shame! Mine is still not updating. Madness that this has been going
on for such a long time without being addressed.

Same here, nothing is changing. I am afraid we have to give up and recognize the fact that (quite surprisingly) the Spotify team is unable to solve the problem.

At least it would be nice to hear some sort of explanation (perhaps apologizing...) of what is going on and why the solution is so difficult to find.

Agree. Such an important and useful feature not updating for so long… we deserve a solution or at least an explanation or some kind of reply 😞

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and confirmation.

This is still being looked into by our team.

We'll update you as soon as we have new information regarding this.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I wonder if this bug is related to the account's country? My New Releases section also hasn't been updating for months now, it even still shows some albums and singles that came out back in 2020...

But for some other friends I have it's been working fine. I am based in Bulgaria while they're in the UK and Spain. 

I contacted the support a while ago and they gave me a Test acc that wasn't based in my country and it still didn't work. Now they told me "there istn't much to be done about this" so I guess the solution is to keep paying Spotify for not working properly. 

Suggested posts