Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Web Player broken

New Web Player broken

Hello,

So apparently the web player got a major update to its look and user interface. It's really nice, but would be even better if it actually worked. I can't load any of my playlists or play any music. I keep getting the following message when I try to reload the page:

"Oooops, something went wrong with the playback."

I've emptied the cache in my browser in an attempt to fix that problem, but I still keep getting the same issue. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

4 Replies

same here. Chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 running on XP. The fact that it's Xp shouldn't matter after all the web player is a plugin right? Flash player I think? It should work normally on Chrome on basically any version.

Old webplayer uses Flash, the new one uses HTML5! So it's interesting.

I have tried deleting cookies and cache as well as accessing it on different browsers in both incognito and usual modes. For me, addons were not the culprits.
Additionally I was suggested to restart the router (if you can do that).

It's an issue Spotify knows about and they are working on it.

I did find that Internet Explorer is opening the older interface which works. So, for now it's either that or an user-agent addon. 😉

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

THANK YOU!!! I've downloaded User-Agent Switcher add on for Firefox and been able to use the good old play.spotify web player again. Only solution that worked so far, thanks again!!!

I have also same issue. I use Chrome 58.0.3029.81 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Enterprise and tried to clear cache, disable all add-ons, restart the computer already. Hope this problem will be solved soon, because the only way to use Spotify at my office is the web player.

Suggested posts