Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New layout - spotify web player

New layout - spotify web player

New layout of spotify web player is so bad, i literally can't find anything and it just looks ugly. Is there any possibility to still use the old version?

8 Replies

I agree 100%.

Absolutely awful...I have been able to get "used to" the "enhancements" in the past, but this is so bad I don't even think there are words that exist that properly describe how terrible it is now. Losing good features in the past were one thing, but probably the most important thing any music playing app should have by default, how do you take away the queue functionality?  

I'm also not happy that last.fm cannot be linked anymore.  

I used to sort by artist (having saved a few songs over multiple albums), but now when I go to "Artists" it says nothing is there. If I go to "Songs" they are all there but there is no observable way to organize by artist. Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a specific artist, not a whole album or specific song... I honestly think this has to be the dumbest change to anything in my 17+ years of using the internet. I can usually adjust to changes but this feels like it downgraded to last millenium.

facepalm.jpg

wth man ... i couldnt even play the songs on this new layout. is this only a firefox issue? god dammmmn i need my songs ;'(((

ECA.jpg

they should bring last.fm back to the web design

I'm using firefox as well and there's just a black screen when I login on the web player.  I refresh for a while and it might go to the music player.  Then when I try to play music, nothing happens.  Once it did start playing...  on my phone very loudly while at work.  I also have spotify on my tv at home.  If it's randomly playing on devices that have the app, I wonder if it was playing there for no apparent reason without telling me? 

If I do manage to play music on the web player, it then changes the playlist I was previoulsy playing on my phone and vice versa.  I see no way to turn this "feature" off.

There's no way to easily like songs or see liked songs in a playlist.  I can't see songs in an album.  Searching doesn't seem to work any more.  I very much want to revert to the old layout to get features back and to not have to hit refresh so much after logging in that I just give up and open up google play music.

The loss of features on an artist's profile has essentially ruined the web player for listening to hip hop, a genre in which many artists most interesting work comes in the form of features. Not only this, but by no longer offering a full profile Spotify is pushing away from one feature that truly distinguished them from the competition, which was a fully integrated social media platform. It's challenging/near impossible to access friends profiles and playlists now, unless by chance you're able to search for them(which with the new layout is wildly unlikely). Another really great feature that seems to have been cut in many cases, and downgraded in others is the upcoming concert feature, I realize it may have not been the most widely used feature but it was incredibly useful for keeping up with lesser known artists, and supporting them by exposing fans to their concert schedules so that they could generate some more revenue(it's no secret that small artists don't generate a lot of revenue from music streaming). The icing on the cake is the periodic instability with this version, I'll go full days without service as a result of the player freezing, cacheing errors, and preventing me from reloading. For years I've praised Spotify's well thought out interface and have consistently recommended the app to family and friends, while the worst of the "enhancements" have definitely been seen in the web player, some of these have made their way to the desk top client, as well as the mobile app which is both frustrating and disappointing. The customer loses, the artist loses, and unless this newer version has cheaper licensing or somehow requires fewer resources or repairs reducing spotify's overhead I really can't imagine who would be benefiting from this.

Suggested posts