Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nightcore - Who gets the money?

Nightcore - Who gets the money?

So, I saw that there are a lot of songs on Spotify by the "artist" Nightcore, which confuses me. Nightcore is a listener-created genre, and not an artist, so who has submitted the edited songs, and who gets the money for them being played?

5 Replies

There does also seem to be a band called Nightcore:
http://www.last.fm/music/Nightcore

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey there.

It's is in Finnish, for our people. But white text is Bassguarantee! and playlist name is Best nightcore 🙂

pienisoittari.jpg

I just created Nightcore playlist. Please enjoy!

All music uploaded to Spotify is legal.

Tell me what you w-w-want - I will a-a-a-answer!

PS: I'm still learning this genre, so thanks for your info. I will look to Nightcore artist page... I'm updating playlist all the time. Thanks, if you know great nightcore, just PM me with track! By the way I still listen my main list with a lot of handsup and dancecore, but I also like nightcore 🙂 But I don't want to mess it with my main list, so that's why another list...

Hey there again.

I tried this Nightcore band. Most of remixes was really in awful quality, like 128 kbps... Some odd noises etc. These might be usermade... As legal rightholders won't upload that bad quality to Spotify...

I will investigate this to Spotify for look.

I know I am a little late to the party, but that was the original band who started all of Nightcore.

Source: I started listening to them before youtube exploded with fan made music and making into a genre.

I guess i can answer that question, i am the artist behind nightcores tracks: Paradise, Lucid and Clouds. The nightcore artist uses my music in a faster, high pitched way, and the money gets split up 50/50.

Suggested posts