Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nightwish music only partially available

Nightwish music only partially available

The official "Nightwish" playlist (See https://play.spotify.com/user/nightwishband/playlist/4wBDB1Bhd9CeI0F5D6aVRZ ) contains more music then I can play. Most notably, I cannot play the fantastic "Wishmaster" album. Why is this not available to me? As it is on the playlist, it should be on spotify, right?

29 Replies

please fix this asap. been spotify member for 5 years but now i am thinking about getting my old cd's out just to listen to music I like and is very popular.

I was living in Europe and had pretty much all NW albums availbale. I live in the Philippines right now and the only albums available are Endless Forms and Century Child (UK). This is ridiculous - Nightwish constitutes 80% of what I listen to, and the availability of their albums is why I chose Spotify over Apple Music and Google Music. This thread has gone on for way too long, and still no solution. Spotify needs to do something asap, or I'll also take my money elsewhere.

Amazon Music... I've switched.

Every single album, 49 of them to be exact. Wishmaster, all three versions remastered.

Decades album is there. As is Wishes to Eternity and Dark Passion Play.

New Windows 10 app is up and is excellent, works well on Android too, Xbox version on the way according to developers.

Oh, £7.99 per month too, so cheaper with more music = no brainer for me.

I’m in total agreement with you! I have all of their albums on CD...but my new car doesn’t have a CD player! Imagine that...it’s 100% digital. Most of my music enjoyment takes place in the car during my commute to and from **bleep** (work). It’s not only Nightwish. Within Temptation, Iron Maiden, etc frequently have albums drop off & it drives me nuts & nobody has an answer as to why.

Sadly its the same in Argentina, once, dark pp and imaginaerum are gone, I will try alternatives 😞

Their early albums used to be on here because i was listening to their first 4 albums on here back in 2013 but sadly like someone else has said none of their albums with their 1st singer are available anymore.

I wrote to Nightwish management and got a small bit of info - Universal Music owns the old Nightwish albums and the comment (to quote the email) "they [Universal] could not care less".

Doesn't sound like Nightwish's fault (and management sounded disappointed too) - this happens a lot, bands get locked into pretty ordinary licensing deals in their early days, and it affects us listeners later as the big labels decide who gets to listen and who doesn't.

If you can hear them on other platforms like Amazon, that's great for you (and Universal must have licensed for that to happen).  But until Universal and Spotify agree on licensing for global or regions, we're not going to get access here (and it won't work in playlists outside of licensed regions).  Next step is to lobby Spotify to do a deal with Universal I guess, or take my money to Amazon

I don't understand why the online world still clings to regions, as if it were a thing on the internet. It shouldn't matter whether the packets I send to a server come from Monaco, Sweden, Alaska or Chile ... the data is the same. Acting as if different laws apply just because there's a geographical border somewhere in the offline world is insane and against the nature of the Internet.

Even the earliest album seem to be available in the Czech Republic, but as far a Nightwish goes, I avoid them on Spotify anyway because they have many Live albums included in the mix when I select to play artist randomly. Personally, I find it annoying to listen to live recordings, because *most* of the time, they are of inferior quality than the studio albums and feature the immersion-breaking cheering. You can't really focus on the song with the crowd yelling in the background, even if the quality of the audio is otherwise comparable to studio. So instead of the songs as it is meant you get a mangled version of it without any of the benefits of actually being at the concert.

I've been listening to Wishmaster album quite often recently, but just a few days ago I couldn't find it on Spotify anymore (in Finland). Oceanborn is there, but also Angels Fall First seems to be missing. Where are these fantastic albums?? I'd wanna ask Spotify directly but this seems to be the best place I can find.

Seems Dark Passion Play has arrived, but still no Wishmaster 😨

Suggested posts