Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nissan Connect Display Restarting

Nissan Connect Display Restarting

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2020 Nissan Versa and I'm having a strange issue when I connect my Spotify to Nissan Connect's bluetooth. When my phone is connected, if I skip enough songs (at least 4-5), the Nissan Connect display will restart. The display will freeze, turn off, then turn back on, showing the 'Nissan Connect' image as if the car was just turned on. My phone eventually reconnects and resumes playing after a few seconds. 

I've tested it with Apple Music and I can skip songs while connected to bluetooth without any problems. But when I'm using Spotify I notice that whenever I skip a song, the information for the next song flashes twice, as if there's some kind of delay in connection.

I have already tried signing out of all devices, updating Spotify, and reinstalling Spotify. I would appreciate any help at all.

Thank you!

17 Replies

This happens to me too and it doesn’t happen with SoundCloud or any other apps as the other person stated. I’d rather cancel Spotify than change cars... js

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Could you give the following troubleshooting steps a go, as this usually resolves most Bluetooth issues.

1. Turn off the Bluetooth on your car’s media system.
  2. With the Bluetooth settings on your mobile/tablet switched on, delete the information of the car.
    Tip: The setting to delete is often called ‘forget’.
  3. Turn Bluetooth off and back on for your mobile/tablet.
  4. Turn the Bluetooth on your car’s media system back on.
  5. Allow approximately 20 seconds for your mobile/tablet to detect your car. Once it appears, select it to pair.
  6. Open Spotify and play something. The sound should now come from your speaker.   

Also it's a good idea to check whether the connection and playback works fine when you connect another mobile device to the car.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Anyone with any knowledge of electronics would have done what you suggested.

It only happens with Spotify and only in the car and after power cycling
everything AND reconfiguring everything it still does not work with Spotify

Hey there @305Norm,

Thanks for your reply.

Since this involves several variables: Smartphone type, Car model, infotainment model, Bluetooth stack version and others, it'll be difficult for us to replicate and investigate further. We'll however report it to the right team and we also suggest to keep the Car's firmware updated. If an option, we recommend using the Android Auto or Apple CarPlay integrations for the best way of experiencing Spotify in the car.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I use an iPhone se and as you may or may not know any Apple product does
everything automatically as in Apple play controls etc. I will however go
to my nearby Nissan dealership today and if that doesn’t resolve the
problem I’m going to just cancel my service with you guys. I was already
regretting paying for music as it’s always free, I’ll just use a different
service. You guys are lacking a lot of things too because of copyright
issues (I’m guessing that’s why you have some songs and albums but not
others)

Was Nissan helpful at all? I'm having this same issue with my 2020 Nissan kicks and am not sure what to do

Ok well to be honest I haven’t taken it to Nissan yet because I figure this
will be their stance : my iPhone is already not nissan’s problem and this
is a problem with one certain app on my phone so it’s totally not
their fault and they will suggest talking to the phone’s manufacturer. I
used to be a salesman so I have a feeling I know how they are going to
handle this...

Either Spotify or Nissan needs to have a response. This application should
work with all 2020 vehicles. i should not need “Apple carplay” for my music
to work. I will take my car to Nissan tomorrow to see what they say but
Spotify needs to make sure all their customers have an optimal experience,
we pay for their service. I will have to switch to apple music if this
doesn't work.

Please post your experiences so you can possibly save me a drive plz

So I just got a used 2019 Nissan Versa and am having the exact same trouble as mentioned about. 

Seems like it's basically an SOL situation. Has anyone come up with better solutions than Spotify's lame suggestion.

The nissan dealership was able to get rid of this problem by doing a
software update which took a couple of hours but seemed to get rid of the
issue. not sure if it will start happening again

Hey @cc110,  

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We’re happy to hear the software update by Nissan fixed it for you.

If you have any questions we're always one post away. 

Еnjoy your music! 

Hey since there’s not much on this infotainment issue with Nissan Connect online, I wanted to give everyone the heads up the service bulletin to fix this is NTB20-016. I found the dealership didn’t really know what to do until I found and gave them this reference number for the firmware patch. Better UI, fixed all my Bluetooth issues that made my head unit restart, and even fixed my steering wheel controls. Hope this helps!

I have this same exact issue in my 2020 Nissan Sentra. I’d be playing music off of Spotify and I would skip 4-6 songs and the screen just reboots itself. 

Still happening - I was seriously considering legal action again the dealership for lemon laws because I have been fighting this since I bought my car 3 years ago. Does anyone actually have solutions yet? Computer updates on the Nissan end DO NOT FIX THIS.

I have the same problem in my Kicks 2018. I went to a Nissan Dealer, these crooks want 150$ for a firmware update, wow, not gonna happen!

Going to test if this problem only "Spotify"-related... 

Checked Deezer and YouTube Music Apps - same thing.

This is definitely problem with Nissan's headunit, Spotify has nothing to do with it.

Suggested posts