Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Scrobbling to last.fm on Windows Phone App

No Scrobbling to last.fm on Windows Phone App

The App for Windows phone does not have social support for last.fm, which seems like a glaring oversight and an easy fix. I know when you had a simalar issue with the iPhone app last year you were able to fix it fairly quickly. Please can you advise when this is going to be fixed for Windows Phone?

As background, I'm a premium user who has just moved from iPhone to Windows Phone. I didn't think for a second that the Windows Phone Spotify app wouldn't have this functionality, since it's hardwired into the windows desktop app, the iPhone app and the android app on my Kindle. Since this will now be my default music player, I really need this functionality, or the last decade of scrobbling will be pretty pointless.

So, Spotify Staff, when are we lowly Windows Phone users going to be able to catch up with the rest of the Spotify community?

7 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community 🙂

yes this is a great idea (even if i dont have a windows phone) but it has been already posted here so please leave your kudos below 🙂

afterwards the post will get attention and maybe it will be included 😉

good luck!

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Hi, and thanks for the reply. I am aware of the other thread (and have commented in it with no reply from Spotify) but am posting here because I don't see this as an 'idea', but as an issue with the current Windows Phone app. This is functionality that is in every single other Spotify Player as far as I can tell, so I don't see why this is not included in the WP app. This isn't a 'wouldn't it be nice if...' post, it's a 'why the hell doesn't it do this' post, so I don't believe it belongs in the 'ideas' thread.

😄

yeah you are right and i completely understand you. A friend of me also complained that the support for windows phone isn't as good as it needs to be.

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Hi there @formulaic666

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're always testing by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re really interested in feedback and we'll pass it onto our developers.

Cheers!

Hi Jason, apologies but that seems rather a stock answer. Does this mean that there's nothing concrete that you can update us on? There has been another thread on this for months, with 60+ replied, which leads me to believe that you have several customers who see this as imporstn, so it would be good to have a firm response one way or the other.

So it seems one stock answer that doesn't actually answer the question is as much as we can actually expect here? Great. Seriously, this isn't a big thing, but as the two threads on this subject show, it's important to a core of users. I honestly cannot see why the Windows Phone app is missing this. It's completely standard on all other devices.

I wouldn't hold your breath, the Windows Phone app can go for months and months without a single update.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts