Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and iPhone SE2020

Operating System

Tizen

My Question or Issue

I have my new Galaxy Watch 3 now for 1 week, but I still am not able to find the Spotify app in the Galaxy Store, both on my watch and my phone (iPhone SE2020). After a few days of chatting and WhatsApp with Samsung support they told me that Spotify did not yet release the Spotify app for the Watch 3, but I can not find anything about that anywhere else on the Internet, and no one else is complaining about it. So: do other people with a Galaxy Watch 3 and an iPhone have the same problem?

59 Replies

Got watch 3 today, Spotify was listed under essentials. That's with the Android phone.

However, it's completely useless.

Only the remote part when connected to the phone via bluetooth works. A d even that is buggy.

If i switch to "standalone" mode, enable wifi, disconnect phone. Pair in the spotify - i just get the infinite loader - and nothing else. Cannot play, browse, download or do anything unless i remove access in spotify profile or uninstall the app.

Under essentials there is no Spotify on my watch or my phone. I still would like to find out for myself if Spotify on my Galaxy Watch is useless or not. Got a message from the Samsung community that it is probably a regional problem. Hope they fix it with the help of Spotify.

https://galaxystore.samsung.com/geardetail/com.spotify.w-spotify

But it has countless of issues. From battery drain, storage detection, offline play etc.

Hey I'm from Switzerland and i had the same Problem first. Since 3 days the Spotify App is back again in the Galaxy Store. But still not possible to download music. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 with iPhone 11 pro max.
Kind regards Barbara

Still not working😔😔😔😔

Same here. I am able to install Spotify on my watch now, but I can not get it to work. I keep getting the message "You are now streaming on your watch", but after that it keeps loading and the app never really starts.

Same here😔😔

Same here. Installed spotify on IPhone 11. Keeps on searching after saying You are now streaming on your watch. I can only use the watch as a remote for my iphone. 

After an unknown combination of reinstalls, reboots, installing from phone or directly on the watch, reinstalling on phone - I got to the point where it partially works.

No longer complains about 4gb memory full. 
I can download playlists.
I can play music.

But I have to be online with an active data connection.
Offline mode does not work. It does not play downloaded songs in standalone offline mode.

Great👍👍I actually bought the samsung galaxy watch 3 for running, listening music without my phone...still imposible...i tried nearly everything.

I got it partially because of offline Spotify as well - when I go out to run. I still need to have phone in the pocket with a hotspot.

Okay...until Spotify is not working properly on my Samsung galaxy watch i keep my AppleWatch:((

By the way... in the meantime i paired for testing my watch with a samsung galaxy note 20 Ultra (phone of my husband). No problem at all! I could use spotify offline...but of course this does not solve the problem. I'm wondering ...is this now a iphone app problem or a spotify case??? Kind Regards Barbara

After the new Update of the Galaxy Watch 2 my spotify is dead, just a remote ...

I tried everything incl. resets for hours ... yeah spotify criticizes the apple politics. But i am forced to use a iphone as company phone ... but i love my spotify desktop app.

But to get my iPhone Health connect (bad Samsung App) and a portable Music solution, i think everything will work fine if i stay just in Apple solutions. The combination of an iphone handy combined with a samsung smartwatch and a spotify app is making so many problems and now the watch is for my usecases just useless 😞 Apple Watch are availabe in 1 week, test abo of Apple music incl. ... if the experience is simple and i reach my goal to listen to music while offline ... will i pay for it.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts.

Check out our support to see if your watch supports offline listening - you can find it here - but if you're having troubles, make sure to reinstall the app on both the watch (if possible) and phone and to always keep the app updated so you don't miss any improvements etc. 

If that doesn't do it for you feel free to post in our help boards with more details about your set up - your phones' and watches' model and OS verions.

We hope the information above was helpful.

We're always one reply away if you have any further questions 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You're so right...its not working together🙈I quit now spotify and sold the galaxy watch 3. Problem solved😂😂

Hey @beach_beauty22,

Thank you for your reply.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify on your watch like you wish to do at the moment.

We're consistently aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future.

If you have any any questions, don't be a stranger. We're here to help 🙂

Cheers! 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you very much! That's very kind😍Kind Regards Barbara

I don't think you even read the posts and wrote a generic reply - copy paste too much?

It should have nothing to do with the phone when the watch is not connected and Spotify is in standalone, offline mode.

Hey, how did you solved this issue? I’m have. The same here...

Suggested posts