Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and iPhone SE2020

Operating System

Tizen

My Question or Issue

I have my new Galaxy Watch 3 now for 1 week, but I still am not able to find the Spotify app in the Galaxy Store, both on my watch and my phone (iPhone SE2020). After a few days of chatting and WhatsApp with Samsung support they told me that Spotify did not yet release the Spotify app for the Watch 3, but I can not find anything about that anywhere else on the Internet, and no one else is complaining about it. So: do other people with a Galaxy Watch 3 and an iPhone have the same problem?

Top Answer
qball2
Regular
THANK YOU!!!!
This fixed the problem. Here are the steps that I had to take.
1. Uninstall the Wearable app on the phone.
2. On the phone went to Setting>Bluetooth and made sure that I "forgot" the two Galaxy Watch entries
3. Restart phone and watch
4. Reinstall Wearable app
5. Paired the watch with the phone via the Wearable app
6. Installed the Spotify app on the Watch
7. Opened Spotify watch app - at asked me to go to spotify.com/pair to connect with my account.
Once that was done I was able to start using the app on my watch - including downloading music for offline listening.
Additional note: When playing music from my phone on the Spotify app I can't select my watch as an output device (maybe this is by design but thought I would point it out). It really isn't a big deal since you can play music on the watch using the Spotify watch app anyways.
Top Answer
ketec
Regular
59 Replies

Ei Bárbara, você conseguiu resolver? Como fez? Spotify, ajuda aí!!!!

I did not solve it...its still not working. Kind Regards

Still not working😔iPhone 11 pro Max, IOS 14.1, Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, Spotify Premium Membership.

I can download Spotify App on my Watch. I have Spotify App on my iPhone, Premium Membership. But still not possible to load my playlist. 

When i open the App on my Swatch i have 2 choices:

- Pair on Phone (green highlighted)

- Spotify

When i choose spotify i have to enter my username/password then login

Then i receive this 2 message:

You are now streaming on your watch

Listen to your music over wifi without your phone

Thats it... nothing happen. Any HELP out there?

Thank's a lot😘

Hey @beach_beauty22,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Sorry to hear there still are issues with this.

I'd like to share our Support site article featuring all you need to know about Spotify and Samsung wearables. You'll find it here

As a heads-up, it'd be great to always keep an eye on the System requirements section to make sure your devices are supported and all set for Spotify.

If you keep having troubles with having your account fully displayed on your supported watch device, try running a quick reinstall of the app and double-check both your phone and watch are all good on the same internet connection. 

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll be here and do all we can to help 🙂

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That article links to fit gear 2 - a 4+ years old watch.

Does Spotify even have any developers working on the watch app?

I am still having the same problems.

I have the newest iPhone (SE 2020), I have got the newest Galaxy Watch 3, I have all apps and devices updated to the newest versions, I have all devices operating on the same wifi-network and still I keep getting the same result.

@Spotify: what more do you need to solve the problem?

Update:

In the meantime i had the chance to use for a week a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (instead of my iPhone 11 pro max)

- I could play Spotify offline on my new Samsung     Galaxy Watch 3 with my phone in Flight Mode, no 

WIFI Connection!!!

I downloaded my playlist, PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP and went for a run:

THEN:😱

No more Music at all. The watch was not able to 

play one single song.

Now i'm so fed up. Actually i tried to quit the Apple 

Ecosystem...but now i keep my iPhone, Apple Watch and APPLE MUSIC🤩

I have the same problem... also with Gslaxy Watch 3 connected to Galaxy Note 8 Duos. The reason is that Samsung stopped supporting this phone. I cannot also use Bixby and SmartThings from my Watch(I cannot control my Samsung QLED TV). Paired with Note 20 Ultra is working without problems. I still cannot find Spotify in Galaxy Store for my Note 8, fortunately I installed it from Google Play Store and I'm able just to remote songs and volume from my watch. Would be great to  install some apk file(Spotify for Tizen) in my Watch(without Samsung Wearable app)... else the only solution to use Spotify independently is to change the phone to a new one supported by Samsung. 

The phone should not even matter when the watch is in standalone/offline mode.
It has synced / downloaded playlist - but won't play without active internet connection.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

We currently have an ongoing issue about this. You can follow the steps in there to try and solve this and if the issue persists you can leave a +VOTE and  provide the required info there so we can bring this to the attention of the right folks.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

last issue of the post are no related to the offline issue. the other issue it's that we cannot login at all through the spotify app

"

When i open the App on my Swatch i have 2 choices:

- Pair on Phone (green highlighted)

- Spotify

When i choose spotify i have to enter my username/password then login

Then i receive this 2 message:

You are now streaming on your watch

Listen to your music over wifi without your phone

Thats it... nothing happen."

can you please check that?
thanks

I am still having the same issue. Has this been solved? 

On the Watch3 it says "You are now streaming on your watch" and then nothing happens.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts.

We recommend that you head over to this ongoing issue and leave the information that's being asked for in there.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This is still an open problem.  The links to other discussions aren't helpful because they are talking about completely different issues - ex: problems downloading playlists.  I for one, would love to have a problem downloading playlists but I can't even get that far.  I get stuck on the screen that says ready for streaming and can't get past that point.  The only reason we have a premium account is so that I can download music and listen offline while exercising.  It doesn't take a lot of effort to realize this isn't an isolated problem. Spotify clearly isn't interested in solving the problem because they still don't "officially" support the Watch 3 - even though Samsung uses Spotify as a selling point on their Watch 3 main page.  

Bernardo from Brazil, here I have the exact same problem. I even went to the samsung store to show a technician that also had no ideia on how to solve it. So far this Spotify Community as sportily staff have no answer for this! I am in fact giving my Watch 3 and thinking abou going back other options. 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your messages. 

We'd recommend making sure that your watch is up to date. 

If this doesn't do the trick, you can also try performing a factory reset on the device to see if you notice anything new. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I did a factory reset and confirmed that I am running the latest version - R845USQU1ATFE. Unfortunately I am getting the same error. When I try and open the spotify app on my watch it says "You are now streaming on your watch...". If I tap the screen I see the watch display the rotating circles (as if it is installing an app) then it returns back to the "You are now..."
It is an endless loop.

Hi @qball2

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind attaching a screen recording where we can take a better look at this issue? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator

Here is a quick video of what I am seeing.  I can't upload because it is larger than 5 MB.  https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtqB4yrp2W73hJAK1ViGX1B_LoBOvw?e=2n7flO

Hi again @qball2

Thanks for this info. 

In this case, we'd recommend reinstalling the app on your watch and restarting it to see if there's any difference. 

You can also try performing a clean reinstall on your phone following these steps. This is different than simply reinstalling and can be helpful for clearing any cache that might be causing issues. 

Keep us posted. We'll be right here. 

NovyModerator

Suggested posts