Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 and iPhone SE2020

Operating System

Tizen

My Question or Issue

I have my new Galaxy Watch 3 now for 1 week, but I still am not able to find the Spotify app in the Galaxy Store, both on my watch and my phone (iPhone SE2020). After a few days of chatting and WhatsApp with Samsung support they told me that Spotify did not yet release the Spotify app for the Watch 3, but I can not find anything about that anywhere else on the Internet, and no one else is complaining about it. So: do other people with a Galaxy Watch 3 and an iPhone have the same problem?

Top Answer
qball2
Regular
THANK YOU!!!!
This fixed the problem. Here are the steps that I had to take.
1. Uninstall the Wearable app on the phone.
2. On the phone went to Setting>Bluetooth and made sure that I "forgot" the two Galaxy Watch entries
3. Restart phone and watch
4. Reinstall Wearable app
5. Paired the watch with the phone via the Wearable app
6. Installed the Spotify app on the Watch
7. Opened Spotify watch app - at asked me to go to spotify.com/pair to connect with my account.
Once that was done I was able to start using the app on my watch - including downloading music for offline listening.
Additional note: When playing music from my phone on the Spotify app I can't select my watch as an output device (maybe this is by design but thought I would point it out). It really isn't a big deal since you can play music on the watch using the Spotify watch app anyways.
Top Answer
ketec
Regular
59 Replies

Unfortunately I am seeing the same behavior where the Spotify app on the watch says ready for streaming but I can't get past this point.

Here is some additional information that may help troubleshoot.
Phone: iPhone 12 Pro
iOS version: Latest version - 14.4
Watch: Galaxy Watch 3
Watch version: R845USQU1BTK2
Spotify (on phone): 8.5.96.967
Spotify (on watch): 1.2.15

Hey @qball2

Thanks for your confirmation and the info provided. 

Could you let us know if you're able to use the watch with Connect? 

Also, make sure all your devices are connected to the same WiFi network. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Both the phone and the watch are on the same wifi network. Not sure what exactly you mean by Connect. When I play music on my phone's Spotify app I can see all of the local devices (Roku, Sonos, Chromecast and Google speakers) but my watch is not one of them. Prior to my Watch 3 I had the first version of the Galaxy Watch and didn't experience any of these issues.

Hi @qball2

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Not to worry. Connect is the feature that allows you to select local devices to stream and control the playback using the app on your phone as a remote. 

In this case, could you try turning off the Bluetooth on your phone, reconnecting your watch and let us know if you're able to see it with the rest of the local devices? 

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator

Here are the steps that I have taken to disconnect the watch and phone.
1. In Settings>Bluetooth - Selected Forget the device for my watch.
2. Turned off Bluetooth
3. Restarted phone
4. Restarted watch
5. Turned on phone's Bluetooth
6. Verified Watch connected/paired to phone
7. Opened Spotify app on phone.
8. Attempted to connect to the watch.
Same situation as before. The watch wasn't recognized by the Spotify app on the phone. I can connect to other Bluetooth devices from my phone both Galaxy Buds Live and Air Pods Pro. Additionally on the phone under Settings>Bluetooth I can see and connect to the Watch. However in the Spotify app I don't see the watch under devices nor do I see it when I select "AirPlay or Bluetooth" but I do see other Bluetooth devices.

Hi again @qball2

Thanks for your patience and for getting back to us with all this info.

Could you try reinstalling the Wearable app on your phone?

We'd also recommend giving it a try using a different internet connection to see if the issue persists.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator

A couple of weeks ago i tried my galaxy watch 3 with my new iphone 12 pro max. Same issue...

It was not possible to download spotify for offline use...

Hey @beach_beauty22

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? This will help us give you better suggestions. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator

THANK YOU!!!!
This fixed the problem. Here are the steps that I had to take.
1. Uninstall the Wearable app on the phone.
2. On the phone went to Setting>Bluetooth and made sure that I "forgot" the two Galaxy Watch entries
3. Restart phone and watch
4. Reinstall Wearable app
5. Paired the watch with the phone via the Wearable app
6. Installed the Spotify app on the Watch
7. Opened Spotify watch app - at asked me to go to spotify.com/pair to connect with my account.
Once that was done I was able to start using the app on my watch - including downloading music for offline listening.
Additional note: When playing music from my phone on the Spotify app I can't select my watch as an output device (maybe this is by design but thought I would point it out). It really isn't a big deal since you can play music on the watch using the Spotify watch app anyways.

Hey @qball2

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're happy to hear that everything is now working as it should. 

If anything else comes up, we're always one message away. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

NovyModerator

Hi. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3, thinking that I would be able to download Spotify on the watch. However, I cannot find it in the Galaxy Store. The watch is linked to my Samsung Note 9 and I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, if that matters.. Oh, and I have been a Spotify Premium user for the past 7 years! 

Hey @firatsirma,

Thanks for posting.

Just to be on the same page - you're able to download the Spotify app on your Samsung Note 9, right? You should be able to install it also on your watch by following these steps:

1. Tap Apps from the Samsung wearable home screen.
  2. Tap Galaxy Apps.
  3. Search ‘Spotify’ and tap Install.

If the app doesn't come up on the list, it's a good idea to clean reinstall the Spotify app and Samsung wearable apps on the phone, unpair the watch and pair it anew.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi.
Yes, I am able to download the Spotify app on my phone - and have it for years. I tried finding the app on the Galaxy Store many times but it simply does not show up in search. I uninstalled the the Wearable App, reinstalled it, and repaired the watch to the phone afterwards. The Spotify app is still not in the Galaxy Store. (I am attaching a screenshot).

This is really bad, one of the main reasons for buying this watch was Spotify. And I was able to use it on my old Gear Fit 2! Please help.
Thanks.
Fırat

Screenshot_20210315-170757_Galaxy Store.jpg

Hey @firatsirma

Thanks for this info. 

We'd recommend making sure that your watch has no pending system updates. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator

Hi Novy. The watch's software is up to date, no update is available. This can't be country specific issue, right? I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I can't believe it is because I use Spotify here with no issues, even in my Volvo.

Hi @firatsirma

Thanks for your reply. 

If possible, could you try performing a factory reset on the watch?

Also, would you mind letting us know in which country is your Samsung account registered? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator

Hi. I reset the watch but it's the same. I checked my Samsung account; it is registered in Indonesia (where I had bought my first Samsung phone 10 years ago when I was living there as a diplomat). 

Hi again @firatsirma

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. 

We'd recommend making sure that the country registered in your Samsung account and the one in your Spotify account match, as this could be the reason why you're unable to find the app. 

Let us know how it turns out.

NovyModerator

Hi! That did the trick, thank you! I was skeptical at first but after logging in with a new Samsung account with a location that matched my Spotify account location, I was able to find the app. I just wish that Samsung actually made it possible to simply change the location of the account; I had to remove my current account and create a new one. Not something I would call user friendly.

Suggested posts