Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Spotify on Galaxy Store - Samsung Gear S2 Classic Watch

Solved!

No Spotify on Galaxy Store - Samsung Gear S2 Classic Watch

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Gear S2 Classic

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I am unable to install Spotify on my watch, it s not available on the Galaxy Store in the UK. I have also searched on the watch and unable to find it. 

30 Replies

Just add the app back or give us a real answer. Explain why it isn't supporting s2 anymore.

what's the reason we  bought this device while we buying s2 supporting spotifty and what changes now i pay every mount my premium price than spotify gave me this gift thanks a lot

seems we have to becareful because one day s3 cant support spotify 

I am actually returning my Samsung S2 watch because of this reason... Not fair! 

The ONLY reason to BUY a Samsung Gear S2 was the "spotify offline support" !!! I don't use it as a sportts tracker but for listening music (with my Spotify PREMIUM account !!!) OFFLINE while doing some sport ... And now you tell me you just quit the support for my watch ??? Without giving agood reason for that ???????
Why can't you just leave the old version for S2 ? What shall I do with my S2 now ???????????? I was using it since July 2018 and I cannot make a refund or return it anymore ...
I have a Spotify Premium Family Account but when your policy looks like this, I am supposed to quit Spotify, too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's so unfair .... and so reckless from your side

I need spotify in my watch!!!

Why the **bleep** would you do this? You didn't just remove the app, you removed the ability for the native "music app" to control Spotify as well. How much engineering effort is required to enable three buttons??? Skip, back, pause. That's it. 

Did you take some kickback from Samsung to disable this specifically for the S2 to make people buy a newer watch?

Whoever made this decision should be fired. 

this is absulute stupidity , the app worked perfectly then one day was being jank , and i connected my watch to my new phone and after a slight wipe (wich isnt supposed to remove apps or music) the app , poof , dissapeared , and little do i know you guys also decided to remove it from the app store

@Katerina wrote:

....  "Unfortunately, the Spotify app isn't available in the Galaxy Store for Gear S2 devices".

The ability to choose Spotify for installation on the S2 Classic has been withdrawn. Following the link, some S2 models are still available,  others are not. Why?

No explanation. Why?

"Hope this helps clarify things! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with :)"

Because a modern company wants to appear caring e en when they are dumping you with no explanation. I find this behaviour, while modern and common, to be insulting.

No offense intended to the author

Much offense taken by the jilted  customer. 

It's a pity nobody of these mentally disabled people from Spotify answers WHY the app was taken down. As others said, many people bought the S2 because of that, and it was advertized with Spotify support - so taking the app down should break rights. I will go for a lawyer - and cancel my family account for sure. Hope a lot of friends do the same when they hear what kind of "customer service" Spotify has (not). 

Marked as solution

Hey all,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The Gear S2 us no longer supported. See the article here.

If you have a newer Galaxy Watch and can't find Spotify in Galaxy Store, head over here where we are trying to solve the issue.

We will be blocking replies to thread topic for now.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts