Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No playlists on Squeezebox Touch

Solved!

No playlists on Squeezebox Touch

Because of some issues with die official Spotify plugin on the Squeezebox Touch I reinstalled it. After that, it does not show playlists anymore. I am able to search for songs and play them, but none of my lists is shown.

71 Replies

I have the same problem on my Squeezebox Radio.

No playlists, and if I search for tracks, no tracks can be played. All tracks say "not available in your region"!

Since there are multiple reports here I am raising this as an issue with Spotify now.

I would also suggest getting in touch with Logitech (I assume they make squeezebox?).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Please check this topic from the beginning. It seems like the same problem as few months ago.

Interestingly the Spotify Top 100 Playlist and some others are playable... But any album playlist is not... Very weired.

I was having this problem for about two weeks - first all Playlists with the 502 Gateway error, then - after some days - all playlists disappeared.

This morning, all of a sudden all playlists were back and most of them could be played back again. 

I have about 30 playlists and I saw 3 with the 502 Gateway error but the rest is back to normal.

It would be interesting if I am the only one or if other people now have their playlist function back....

Nope, not for me. Still the same with playlists I had created and playlists from artists (=albums).

Playlists are not back, trying to play the starred tracks results in '502 bad gateway'. Searching for tracks/albums and playing found tracks works though...

Using LMS with Triode's spotify plugin now in stead.

mysqueezebox.com just seems too unreliable...

What I forgot to mention. Before the playlists came back in the official plugin, I had changed my spotify password. (In Spotify, on my squeezebox.com and in Triode's plugin).
This did not change anything on the first day.
But the day after, I was surprised to find the playlists back in the official spotify plugin.
I did not relate these two things, but some people had reported that changing the PW did the trick to them.
So you should probably try that as well?

UPDATE

It is working again for me. I did not change anything...

I started to see my playlists again about two days ago. I didn't do anything. So far it works again.

After months with no problems, this morning playlists have disappeared once again from my squeezebox.  Please remedy.

Dear All

i have been looking at this Squeezebox "bad gateway 502" for some time

I now use the Spotify 3rd party plug in (for some reason it does revert back to the Spotify plug in occasionally)

you will find though that Spotify playlists in the Squeezebox are now limited to 1500 tracks.  I reduced my playlists to below this figure and no longer have the bad gateway error

Yep - same problem here.

Spotify 3rd party plug-in installed and (previously) working fine on the Squeezebox (Radio)...

For some reason, this week all the Playlists have disappeared from the Spotify app. I can still search and play indvidual tracks...

Have tried reinstall of app and even reset of Spotify account password and refresh login details. Still no joy.

Any further suggestions?? Thanks for the help!

AndyT

I found the same phenomenon on Friday when after maybe a fortnight I wanted to listen music via Squuezebox. No playlists, but searching and listening were ok. No playlists yesterday or today either..

Maybe time to cancel my subscription as SB is the only media I have that I can enjoy music via my best speakers.

Hi pete / all,

Well, I'm still struggling this week with the official Logitech spotify app but - good news! - I'm pleased to be able to play my music again via spotify playlists!

A simple solution in the end by installing the Triode plugin.

Just go to your LMS settings and install the 3rd party app found here:

https://code.google.com/p/triodeplugins/

Once you've restarted your media server and set the login details this worked like a charm and appeared as a normal app on both my Squeezebox radio and SB touch. Just like the old spotifyd plugin but this one's got a nice orange icon and, more importantly, it actually seems to work!

It also feels a lot more responsive / quicker than the original as well....

I'm back to being a happy squeezebox/spotify user!!!

Good luck getting it working yourself!

All my playlist  vanish.

A delete some playlist and now i can show other playlist in squeezbox....

Funny, but what I now did seemed to work:

I logged in mysqueezebox.com account, chose Spotify from my applications and then tried remote control... It did work!

Thanks for the update Pete!
I may try this later but for now I'm actually very impressed with the Triode third party plugin, seems quick and working well!

Andy, I might try also the Triode version and visited the link you put in your previous post, but I couldn't figure out which one and what to do..

Petteri

Suggested posts