Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No 'radio' function for Spotify on Squeezebox Touch?

No 'radio' function for Spotify on Squeezebox Touch?

A function I appreciate a lot on my smartphone ist the 'radio' function, which makes a playlist of music pieces similar to the one Istart with. I did not find it in Spotify on my Squeezebox Touch.

Do you have some idea or information?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

There is currently no radio support in libspotify which is the package partner services such as Squeezebox use to play Spotify content. There are several topics and ideas about adding it, and there have been rumours it is planned to be added in the future! There is an ideas topic about radio on Sonos here but implemented on Sonos would open it up to all other partner services too!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your answer, Peter.

"...but implemented on Sonos would open it up to all other partner services too!"

Sonos is not listed among the apps available on the mysqueezebox page and Sonos apps seem to be available only for desktops or mobiles. Can you please tell me more about how the app could be installed on a squeezebox touch?

Thanks in advance

Reto

The Sonos app is for the Sonos system, which is another media system just like the Squeezebox Touch not an app for the Squeezebox Touch 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You have another possibility which is to run Logitech Media Server and a plugin called Triode (from memory). You'll find more information in the various squeezebox fora 🙂

Suggested posts