Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound on Echo from spotify

No sound on Echo from spotify

Family Premium

UK

Device

Echo Dot 

The issue appeared this morning - when I ask Alexa to play something it answers in the normal way and tells me what it's about to play from my Spotify but nothing plays. Upon checking the Spotify app on my phone the song I asked for appears to be playing. The echo is working in every other way and Spotify works on my phone fine. This issue is only with Alexa. 

12 Replies

Hey @scottreadman,

First, make sure that Alexa is set up correctly with the steps provided here. You'll find more help and guidance at the bottom of the page. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂 

This doesn't fix the issue.

Same problem here.

Same problem now since December, nothing seems to fix it.

Hello @JJtheory,

Thanks for getting in touch! Let's see what we can to get your music back on your Alexa device.

Let's start off with some basic troubleshooting steps that usually help:

1. Remove your Spotify account from the Alexa app
  2. Reinstall Spotify
  3. Reinstall Alexa
  4. Link your Spotify app back in the Alexa app. Detailed steps can be found here

Hope that does the trick! Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day.

This is similar to an issue I am having with an Echo Input. Whether requested from a remote, or another Echo device; Alexa will confirm the request and Spotify will show a song playing but the Echo Input will not be playing audio.

This can be fixed by using the remote:

1.) Press pause

2.) Press play

It's worth noting that if you were to request a song from Spotify then wait 30 seconds before pausing and playing to fix the issue, the song would be about 30 seconds along once audio playback started.

Hi Guido

I seem to be having the same problem. Alexa says she is “playing from Spotify” but no music is played. The Spotify app on my iPad also does not seem to “find” the Echo Dot. I have unlinked and re-linked the account but nothing happens. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled both the Spotify and Alexa apps.

Help please.

Thanks

I'm having the same issue.  Echo Dot announces that it is playing my requested song through my linked Spotify account, but no music plays.  I even confirm that it is playing a song by asking what song is playing.  Echo Dot replies with the title and artist of the song that is playing, yet there is no music audio.  This is baffling, especially since I've had Echo Dot and Spotify connect working flawlessly across my connected devices for over a year.

This is almost embarrassing how easy this solution was: I simply unplugged the power cord for my Echo Dot for 3 seconds, plugged it back in, and waited for it to reboot. Everything worked flawlessly again. Unreal. I hope this might help someone else in the future. (But I still maintain it shouldn't just stop working to begin with!)

I got mine working by restarting as well. I hope that is all it takes if

Restarting mine worked too.

Thank you much this also worked for me!!

Suggested posts