Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound on Yamaha RX-A750

Solved!

No sound on Yamaha RX-A750

Hi. For more than a year, I have a Yamaha RX-A750 stereo installation with Spotify Connect and everything has worked fine until last week. Suddenly, there is just no sound anymore. On my phone it says it's connected, on the stereo I can read the artist and the song, but the Yamaha just doesn't give any sound at all. The tuner still works fine on the Yamaha and I have also tried to play songs from another phone or from the desktop, but with no result. The speakers are also not the problem: the tuner function on the radio still works fine.

Good to mention is that I also tried to connect with Bluetooth this week, which I have never done before, and that gives the same problem: it says it's connected, but no sound.

Some additional information: I live in the Netherlands, have Spotify Premium and the Spotify app is up to date on every device.

Does anybody have suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ocmantel.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Find out if there is a firmware update available for your receiver. Try to unplug your router and receiver from the power and do a quick reinstallation of the app on your mobile device. Plug the router and receiver back in the meanwhile and see if that fixes the issue.

If it didn't, could you please try to stream to a different device, for example a computer? That way we can find out if the issue is related to your account/the app, or with the receiver.

Hope the reboot and reinstallation solves the issue though. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ocmantel.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Find out if there is a firmware update available for your receiver. Try to unplug your router and receiver from the power and do a quick reinstallation of the app on your mobile device. Plug the router and receiver back in the meanwhile and see if that fixes the issue.

If it didn't, could you please try to stream to a different device, for example a computer? That way we can find out if the issue is related to your account/the app, or with the receiver.

Hope the reboot and reinstallation solves the issue though. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thanks so much! The firmware update was the solution indeed.

Hey there @ocmantel,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear everything is working as it should now 🙂

Happy Spotifying!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts