Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound output on AppleTV + HomePod

Solved!

No sound output on AppleTV + HomePod

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Apple TV 4K + "HomePod as default speaker"

Operating System

tvOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

I use Spotify on Apple TV with HomePod as an audio output and the experience with your App is frustrating.

The application is mute 90%. The progress bar shows that something is playing but the sound just doesn't come out. If I make a quick application switch and play on Apple Music, the sound is played normally.

I noticed that the only way to resolve the bug is to access the "Now Playing" menu, go to the song to pause using the round button (Play / Pause) and then press to Play. Always on the second try it works.

It's like tvOs doesn't register Spotify as a music app

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @btz1,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this.

We are aware of this issue and the right folks are looking into it. You can head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and add your +Vote. Don't forger to subscribe to the thread, in order to stay up to date with any development.

Hope you find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @btz1,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this.

We are aware of this issue and the right folks are looking into it. You can head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and add your +Vote. Don't forger to subscribe to the thread, in order to stay up to date with any development.

Hope you find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why is this one marked as solved?

The Go to Solution leads to...

...nothing helpful.

Try this out instead:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/No-audio-on-Apple-TV-4K-with-HomePod-...

Suggested posts