Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound through Heos and Spotify Connect

Solved!

No sound through Heos and Spotify Connect

Right, I've been having a big problem with my Denon Heos 1 speaker and Spotify Connect.

Initially, my Heos speaker was connected to my wifi, and I could find it on Spotify Connect, then I would go through the process to play through the speaker, but no sound would come out the speaker. The track would progress along the timeline as normal, but it was as if I had muted it (I hadn't on Spotify or my speaker). However, when I pressed pause, the track timeline would reset to the beginning of the track. Further, the Heos app couldn't find the speaker.

I contacted Denon, and they have provided numerous solutions, I have since managed to connect to the speaker through the app. I can play music through any service: Deezer, Tunein Radio etc. However, I still cannot play using Spotify. The only difference now is that when I pause, the track timeline pauses as it should. There is still no music being played.

I have soft and hard resetted the Heos speaker, changed network settings etc., and it appears the problem with the speaker is solved. I am using a Macbook Air and iPhone 6 on the latest OS. I have uninstalled the Spotify app on both, restarted both devices, reinstalled the Spotify app, then restarted both devices again, logged into Spotify on both, and the problem still remains. Yet I can still play music using any other service.

I have recently gone from Spotify student premium to Spotify family, so I have premium, but that's the only thing that has changed, I'm not sure how this could have affected it.

I have restarted my router (BT Homehub 5), I have checked all the settings for it, turned off and on again the UPnP settings.

Anyone have any solutions before go insane from a lack of music in my life?

130 Replies

I've installed the latest version of the app. What do you mean with up-dating the speakers?

After instelling the update, your speakers Will be updated automatically.
You can check if they have the latest version (1.373.120) in the Heos app
(option is called 'informatieontsluiting about' (in Dutch for me)

thanks

I have version 1.373.141

When I check for up-dates the system tells me there are no new ones available...

1.373.141?

If I look under settings in the Android app it says
Android app version 1.373.140 and firmware 1.373.120 for all my players.
I can't find 1.373.141 in the change log at
http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3832

On the other hand, Android app version 1.373.140 is not listed on that page
either. But I can't find any newer update for either Android app at Google
play store or Heos firmware from the HEOS App.

1.373.141?

If I look under settings in the Android app it says
Android app version 1.373.140 and firmware 1.373.120 for all my players.
I can't find 1.373.141 in the change log at
http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3832

On the other hand, Android app version 1.373.140 is not listed on that page
either. But I can't find any newer update for either Android app at Google
play store or Heos firmware from the HEOS App.

I have an iPhone and according to all the up-dates I've done i have the latest version. On the page you sent it says the problem should have been fixed already with the HEOS iOS App (1.373.130) and I have 1.373.141 which I think should be better. But it doesn't work 😞

I looked at my sons iPad and it is running 1.373.141.
Our system (HEOS 3 + HEOS 3 + HEOS Link with (IP control to Denon AV
Receiver) has worked since we got HEOS firmware 1.373.120. We are running
it from both Android and iOS and with group of Link plus one or two HEOS 3
with both Spotify, TuneIn and from local NAS.

I looked at my sons iPad and it is running 1.373.141.
Our system (HEOS 3 + HEOS 3 + HEOS Link with (IP control to Denon AV
Receiver) has worked since we got HEOS firmware 1.373.120. We are running
it from both Android and iOS and with group of Link plus one or two HEOS 3
with both Spotify, TuneIn and from local NAS.

That's so odd. Mine doesn't work at all. I guess I'll have to contact Denon to see if they have an answer. Thank you so much for trying to help!

Hi,

This can't be resolved. I just bought premium in order to use connect with my new Heos speakers. The connect icon is not appering in the app and it does not show any device to connect to. I have the up to date apps, connected to the same network, have restarted heos, removed and installed apps, opened port 4070, and followed any advice available. All other apps are up and running on my Heos. Tidal trial worked out of the box, no problem. If I am not able to solve this in a short time, I will have to cancel the Spotify premiuym subscription and leave my absolute first choice of streaming music. Sad but true, to quote Metallica. Anybody who can help? It is also very annoying that Spotify seems to have no customer support.

To open with: 'this can't be resolved', is a little silly. It can be resolved as it has been resolved for myself and many others.

Have you tried all the past solutions that have been posted in this thread? There's enough to take you a whole night!

Mine's working and has done for the past month thanks to the helpful community!

Thank you for your swift reply. I did not mean to be silly, but I am sure you will understand that it is a bit frustrating to have tried everything and nothing works. Actually, I think I have spent 10 ours in total trying all the good advice in this thread and many more. I have been in contact with everybody I hoped could contribute. So, sadly, this is not resolved for me even though I am happy that it is for you. I have not given up yet, but very close to. Thanks again for your reply.

Hi all, just wanted to say that the heos are now working with the mix tapes. Seems to be fixed on spotifys end with one of the last app updates.

I confirm it works. Generally is Heos working quite well with Spotify now, but since the last update I keep losing TV audio when switching channel. I never had that problem before and I haven't changed anything in my Heos and TV setting.

You mean when you've heard spotify it won't turn back automatically to HDMI arc when start your tv? That happens quite often for me too, but that isn't a problem by spotify I think.

It is definetely not a Spotify issue. I mean I listen to TV, then i change TV channel and audio disappears. I need to press stop and then olay again in the Heos app to get audio back.
I do not know any other forum for Heos issues, this why I write here.

yes thats the same behavior I've encountered, this pressing the play button to continue. The Denon Support is quite good, maybe its time to write them a separate mail.

I got a HEOS 5 unit for christmas present and it's not working with Spotify connect over WiFi. I've got a Spotify premium account and I've made all the software updates on the HEOS. The issues I'm experienceing are very similar to the ones reported in this thread. That is, playback only works for a short while, irregurarly and very unreliable. I'm not blaming Spotify for this but it's obvous that Spotify connect and the HEOS music systems are not working together. I should add that it works when the HEOS unit is connected by an ethernet cable, but not on the wireless net. 

If it works with ethernet cable it is probably not related to the issue
described in this thread. (My system has worked fine af
this issue was solved).
Check wifi strength, interference with other WiFi networks etc.
What kind of accesspoint do you use?

Hi! Thanks for the reply. We live in a house in the countryside without close neghbours so there's no interference problems from other wifis. We have a 10 mbit net with a modern router (from the operator) from which the wifi emanates. We're oftentimes streamining video to 2-3 different screens simulateously without problems. I can stream music from Spotify to any other device without lag or other interference. So I'm ruling out that we have a wifi problem. Since I wrote my previous post we tried to use Spotify connect on the HEOS using an iPhone. It works for a while (maybe 4-5 songs) but the either just stop or start playing a different song than on the playlist. I starting to give up on the HEOS possibilites with SC, but it's a shame because the speaker has a nice sound.

Suggested posts