No video on Samsung TV

No video on Samsung TV

ncormier85

I have a Samsung UN65RU7300FXZA Curved 65-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model) TV, when I try to play a podcast on the TV, there is no video. I am using the Spotify App from Samsung's library. 

Is anyone else have issues with new Samsung TVs?

12 Replies

Re: No video on Samsung TV

justintheguy

The issue is that spotify decided to not support the video feature on majority of their supported platforms. Nothing wrong with your TV, just something wrong with spotify management. They didn't anticipate that people would want to watch videos on the large video-playing devices in their houses.

Gunner1980

Yeah this is really garbage especially since Joe Rogan took full episodes off of YouTube...I have to watch on my phone instead of my 80 inch Samsung now...as someone with a family premium plan this is **bleep**

metalica23
Ditto. Can watch Rogan on my phone, but not my TV? Silly.

CarlosE

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Sorry for the delayed reply, we've just come across this thread.

Although video playback isn't currently supported in all TV apps, we recommend checking this idea and adding your +Vote and comments to show your support. You can also Subscribe to it to be on top of any new updates we share about it.

We recently rolled out this functionality to Chromecast and through the app on some Android TVs. We're always taking your feedback into consideration as it helps us improve the app and the overall experience.

You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Pk85
Regular
Hi, why are you not adding the support to samsung tv’s as well?

Railside
How long until Samsung TV support? Or are you totally ignoring us?

Novy

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Pk85
Regular

Hi,

Just want to clarify how this seems very silly to a lot of spotify users (and samsung tv owners). Do you mean that you implemented video playback on chromecast and selected android tv’s due to likes/votes on your forums?

I fail to see why you wouldn’t want this feature to be available on a platform as big as that of samsung smart tv’s as well, unless other commercial interests were at play, such as helping push sales of the other platforms. 
Feels more like you are trying to stall this issue due to just that instead of thinking in terms of customer benefit.

Pk85
Regular

I have now posted my idea here specifically for samsung tv video podcast support.

Please vote!

BubsavvyJamz

This is a load of bullshi**. As a SE I'll never work for your company... I literally could write this in like a month by myself for at the very least samsung. You people are trash. You paid Joe 30 mil just to censor him because your employees are the lowest scum known to man... 🖕

Fever905
Regular

No they gave him $100 million to ruin his show. No video on most platforms, and no comments on his shows. Part of the fun of the Joe Rogan podcast was reading the comments people left!! 

Fever905
Regular

It is ridiculous, but you could just connect a laptop to your tv. Sucks that we have to do this. 

SUGGESTED POSTS