Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung galaxy S10+ / Chromecast Ultra

My Question or Issue

When i stream de JRE from my phone to chromecast i only get audio, no video. If i'm only using my phone i get video.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast - Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey again folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we were looking into this!

We've heard back from the right teams that currently we don't support this functionality through Chromecast or when using Spotify Connect. This would explain why you're having troubles viewing the video content of a podcast when using a Chromecast device to cast to a TV.

With this in mind, we've moved this thread back to the Help boards and marked this post as the solution so it's more visible for users looking for more help about this. 

However, if this is something that you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback to support this idea. For more details on how ideas from the Community can get implemented, we'd suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer

We hope this is helps clarify things but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

52 Replies
Highlighted

Re: No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast

Music Fan
Germany: The podcast is not playing anywhere. Not on my iPhone, not on my Desktop. Good job
Highlighted

Regular

I can see the video on my phone (Iphone 11) but i can't cast the video via my chromecast on the TV

Highlighted

Regular

Same here...Hope they fix it....Have you gotten any more info. Need my Rogan video content.   None of his content history was supposed to be accessible on You-Tube effective today, either...But it still is.

Highlighted

Regular
Nope no new info, been googling like crazy..
>From what i heard all plattforms will have the content for one more month
then it will only be available on Spotify
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Haven't heard anything yet.. for now i switch between my phone and chromecast if i need video, sucks but best for now. I read that all content on youtube will be available till 1st of december. 

Highlighted

Regular
I could very well been misstaken and that the content will indeed be
available until Dec 1
Highlighted

Casual Listener
On my Sony Android TV I also don't have any video, only audio..
Also the list of the episodes is totally messed up / random...
Highlighted

Visitor

Same on IPhone SE to my Apple TV. I love this platform for Rogan. I can watch the video from my phone or toss in some headphones, drop it in my pocket and go do some yardwork without missin a word or goin back and forth between Podcasts and YouTube. The only thing I’m missin is the AirPlay. APPEASE MY FIRST WORLD NEEDS YOU CORPORATE STREAMING BEHEMOTH.

Highlighted

Music Fan
I got it to work this morning on both my phone and mac. Now the mac has given up (screen flipping out and a blue message up top 'Cannot play this video')
SUGGESTED POSTS