No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung galaxy S10+ / Chromecast Ultra

My Question or Issue

When i stream de JRE from my phone to chromecast i only get audio, no video. If i'm only using my phone i get video.

96 Replies

Germany: The podcast is not playing anywhere. Not on my iPhone, not on my Desktop. Good job

I can see the video on my phone (Iphone 11) but i can't cast the video via my chromecast on the TV

Same here...Hope they fix it....Have you gotten any more info. Need my Rogan video content.   None of his content history was supposed to be accessible on You-Tube effective today, either...But it still is.

Nope no new info, been googling like crazy..
>From what i heard all plattforms will have the content for one more month
then it will only be available on Spotify

Haven't heard anything yet.. for now i switch between my phone and chromecast if i need video, sucks but best for now. I read that all content on youtube will be available till 1st of december. 

I could very well been misstaken and that the content will indeed be
available until Dec 1

On my Sony Android TV I also don't have any video, only audio..
Also the list of the episodes is totally messed up / random...

Same on IPhone SE to my Apple TV. I love this platform for Rogan. I can watch the video from my phone or toss in some headphones, drop it in my pocket and go do some yardwork without missin a word or goin back and forth between Podcasts and YouTube. The only thing I’m missin is the AirPlay. APPEASE MY FIRST WORLD NEEDS YOU CORPORATE STREAMING BEHEMOTH.

I got it to work this morning on both my phone and mac. Now the mac has given up (screen flipping out and a blue message up top 'Cannot play this video')

I tried to watch Joe Rogan on Spotify but it wouldn't let me chromecast the video to my TV so I returned to Youtube. I hope they fix this before exclusivity starts.

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your reports about having troubles to see video content of podcasts when streaming through a Chromecast device.

We've passed this on to our tech teams so that they can look into this.

If you're also experiencing this, make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment below with the following details:

• Details on your Chromecast device for example, its firmware version
  • Is this only happening when using a Chromecast device? If not, it'd be helpful to include any relevant details of the device and Spotify app version you're on.

We'll keep you updated here, thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

@Katerina 
Hi there, for me I have the exact same issue, but not on a chromecast but on android for TV. I am not sure if this is the same app.

My specs are:
A Sony 49XF9005 TV
Spotify version 2.58.2-2312c42-v2.102-2-gd1be29c HEAD-v3.134.19-gf1da4a00 1.33.0.15

Thank you

Ive got the following versions on my devices and in living in Sweden.

Version 8.5.73 of Spotify
Version 13.6.1 of iOS
Version 1.42.172094 of chromecast

Argh...I have no idea how to check my Chrome cast version, or ISP version. I just installed Spodify about 2 weeks ago...So I must have the latest version.

This is happening with Chromecast and brand new 4k Firestick. My Tv is Sony Bravia with Chromecast and Samsung with which I am using the new 4k firestick.

Same. Spotify only casts audio.

Spotify is making a huge mistake because a large portion of JRE views come from people that enjoy watching it on a TV (like myself) instead of a tiny phone screen.

I really hope Spotify fixes this quickly.

Hey again folks,

Thanks for bearing with us while we were looking into this!

We've heard back from the right teams that currently we don't support this functionality through Chromecast or when using Spotify Connect. This would explain why you're having troubles viewing the video content of a podcast when using a Chromecast device to cast to a TV.

With this in mind, we've moved this thread back to the Help boards and marked this post as the solution so it's more visible for users looking for more help about this. 

However, if this is something that you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback to support this idea. For more details on how ideas from the Community can get implemented, we'd suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer

We hope this is helps clarify things but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Edit: as of today (2020-11-01) I am able to stream video using spotify app on my iPhone to my chromecast (gen 2), thank you Spotify for adding this function!

Original Post:

How can you not support video streaming? Spotify just spent $100 million to
get the biggest youtube podcast in the world, I would assume that this
would be a priority to fix?

Edit: as of today (2020-11-01) I am able to stream video using spotify app on my iPhone to my chromecast (gen 2), thank you Spotify for adding this function!

Original Post:

I don't concider this solved, am I the only one not really satisfied with this answer?

Suggested posts