Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast

No video only sound Joe Rogan Podcast Chromecast

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung galaxy S10+ / Chromecast Ultra

My Question or Issue

When i stream de JRE from my phone to chromecast i only get audio, no video. If i'm only using my phone i get video.

96 Replies

I am really surprised that spotify is so ill prepared for the JRE stream. it is not working on my PC, no sound no video just nothing. 

Please fix this problem a.s.a.p. because this is just anoying 

And for JOE, if this is your start on this platform maybe it is time look elsewhere

@Katerina 

So basically you cannot watch the podcast on your TV while the whole idea behind smart TVs etc is that you can watch internet content on it.
Somebody else said it too, that it is amazing that you guys pay millions for this and then not update the platform to be able to show video for probably minimal costs compared to those millions.
Now we have no choice but to stick with the other platform till December at least...

How on Earth could this go through without someone bringing this up as a dealbreaker for a huge part of the fanbase?
This is embarrassing to everyone involved.

Wait, this just flat out isn’t supported? The YouTube app had this functionality and I can assure you, MANY of Joe Rogan’s consistent fanbase uses “casting” on their TV to watch. If you’re going to take on the video aspect of the show, you need to support the features of one of the largest video streaming platforms in the world. This functionality should be added or I think we’ll see far less video viewers.

I have Chromecast on my Sony Smart TV...But still no Rogan vid content on it and if I cast from iphone to Sony...I get only Rogan audio....Video just disappears.   Did you hear Spodify stock dropped significantly this week.   

Fix it please...We need our Rogan on TV!!!!!!

Have the developers reconsider....Please...We need Rogan on TV from Spodify...Otherwise we keep going back to You-Tube. If You-Tube supports it...Why not Spodify?

It’s not solved...Please fix this major bug or missing requirement.

It’s not solved...Clearly it was a missing requirement to have vid content on TV...They gotta fix it asap.

This is a massive oversight. A lot... if not most people watch the podcast on their TVs via YouTube... why go to the effort of making video available on the phone app alone? I'm not going to watch a 2 to 3 hour video on a phone. Guess I'll be continuing with YouTube as long as I can... 

Please fix this guys! 

I would urge people to report Katerina's post, that marks this as solved. It obviously isn't.

Please fix this issue on Apple TV I’d like to AirPlay this video or us the app on Apple TV. 
This would be great!

Thank you

Yup, me too

Its not just apple TVs or chrome cast. My LG smart TV has a Spotify app but it won't play the video. This issue seemingly relates to every app that isn't a phone. No one wants to watch 3 hour long videos on a phone! So why was the phone app the only one considered in this upgrade? This needs to be resolved across all platforms. This is really a staggeringly bad oversight. 

Solved, lets look that up in the dictionary:

SOLVED;

to find an answer to a problem:
to solve a problem
to solve a mystery/puzzle
Just calm down - shouting won't solve anything!
This strategy could cause more problems than it solves.
The police are still no nearer to solving the crime.

Nope.....this problem is everything exept the above. Spotify unless you are into some kind of comedy that is way beyond my level this is just very bad management. Podcast still wont play on anything except my phone. 

This needs to be fixed! 

So I still watch Joe Rogan on YouTube? Who’s in charge at Spotify? 

The right teams are on it? You guys couldn’t find it with both hands and a flashlight. 

If Spotify is denying us to see JRE on our tv's I can highly recommend Lex Fridman's podcast as a substitution. You don't even need to boycott Spotify, since they already forced every single TV viewer out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSHZKyawb77ixDdsGog4iWA

Suggested posts